Author Topic: Strange event types  (Read 2455 times)

Offline viperfan7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
Strange event types
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:48 PM »
so, looking though the filter events by type list, I noticed one, "It's life, Jim" anyone get any events of this type, and what were they, also post your own unusual events/event types, and ask about ones you see here

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Strange event types
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
so, looking though the filter events by type list, I noticed one, "It's life, Jim" anyone get any events of this type, and what were they, also post your own unusual events/event types, and ask about ones you see here

LOL - I hadn't noticed that one, but Steve puts those little easter eggs in every now and then.  IIRC, there used to be a "clear all" button on the construction queue - when you'd mouse over it, it would say something about being there so Erik could delete the 1000 individual PDC build orders that he'd created (which is what led to the request for the button....)

John

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »
LOL - I hadn't noticed that one, but Steve puts those little easter eggs in every now and then.  IIRC, there used to be a "clear all" button on the construction queue - when you'd mouse over it, it would say something about being there so Erik could delete the 1000 individual PDC build orders that he'd created (which is what led to the request for the button....)

John

That sucked balls... Had something like 1000 Infrastructure and forgot to change the 1000 bit... and clicked add pdc. 1000 individual PDC construction orders.

Offline viperfan7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
ok, this is now the easter egg thread, please use spoiler tags when posting easter eggs

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
That sucked balls... Had something like 1000 Infrastructure and forgot to change the 1000 bit... and clicked add pdc. 1000 individual PDC construction orders.

And then had to click "remove" 1000 times....    >:)

(Oh maaaaaan - the new board doesn't have a BEG emoticon....)

John

Offline Starslayer_D

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
Not Auora, but SA 7. 02:

I was looking at a system, checked a planet's moon, and read: environemet: Green, Resources: Cheese.  rubbed my eyes, closed system, opened it again, it was gone.  But I really should have taken a screenshot, just to proove it was there.

Offline Giggle

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
I am making a new campaign, my race is a race of demon.
I was in commander window, to rename one of my commander "Grace the succubus", and then... somethin happened with the gender box

The screenshot

I took me half an hour just to make it happen again, just to be able to take a screenshot.
Yes!!

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
Nice! ;D

But that apostrophe on the homeworld's name (Hell's Gates) will probably bring you errors.

Offline Giggle

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
It has runned quite well for ten years now, but if errors begin to pop up, I will know what to do, thanks for the info.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:05:13 AM »
Not Auora, but SA 7. 02:

I was looking at a system, checked a planet's moon, and read: environemet: Green, Resources: Cheese.  rubbed my eyes, closed system, opened it again, it was gone.  But I really should have taken a screenshot, just to proove it was there.

I think I remember this one!!  I don't remember if I saw it myself, or if I read someone else's account (maybe even yours) on the old yahoo board , but this rings a big bell.

Reminds me of the part in the Rigellian Diaries where the empire discovers Earth - I really enjoyed the humor in those segments.

John

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Upon salvaging the "wreck" of a Star Swarm warrior I got this, besides some minerals:

"A number of strange alien larvae were discovered during the salvage operation. They appeared to be feeding on the wreckage and growing rapidly. All the larvae were terminated."