Author Topic: My first victory  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
My first victory
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
After reaching the star, my fleet engaged the aliens, presumably of the Precursor race.  A mere three enemy ships: two craft orbiting a nice world, and a third patrolling the inner stars.

Commence hostilities!  My craft approach, point defense against incoming missiles works, though the flagship did take some armor damage, leaving a few deep pits, but achieving no penetration.  Vollies launched!  The precursors are a powerful race-- their ships took many missiles to finally disable, but at the end, success was achieved.

Reaching orbit of the planet, lo!  An alien population!  No idea on their numbers-- my battle fleet had already departed for repainting and overhaul, and to link up with new ships of the line for the next battle against the precursors.  But three troopships were brought, landed, and launched against them.  It took around 2 months to dislodge the last of the garrison forces.  And what do I get?

2 automines.
1 construction factory
1 research lab

and no population.

so what happened? did the precursors destroy the homeworld of the planet, leaving only these miserable ruins?  or did I piss off a race that had expanded to this star system, only to colonize and then anger the precursors?  I've noted no other ships in the system of any kind, nor any other evidence of a spacefaring race, other than a couple gated jumppoints. 

I suppose I will complete the mapping, then investigate.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
Re: My first victory
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
This is basically a spoiler, though it's not explained in the game that I know of. The "Precursors" are just the left over robotic guardians of a race that was destroyed by the Invaders.

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:20:15 PM »
I understand that part-- but the alien population was of a different race than the one i've associated as precursor.  The hostile ships were certainly the "precursors" but the aliens was my second contact, a different race of vulcanoids or some such.  All I can imagine is that either: a preTN race spawned in a precursor controlled system, or, the NPR visited a nearby system, was detected by precursors, who then chased them in. 

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 04:21:46 AM »
Good Luck out there Ltn Thiosk..

Open ur eyes..:)..

Steve's Universe ARENT same as Master Of Orion's Galactic map..
Here r VERY big and deep..