Author Topic: any workaround for the "error in execute orders" error ?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
any workaround for the "error in execute orders" error ?
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »
I get it probably > 100 times per 30 days, pretty much makes the game unplayable.

Any hint on any way to get rid of it ?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: any workaround for the "error in execute orders" error ?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
well, i can't speak specificially for this error, because it pops up occasionally.  As you get more and more comfortable with how the game actually works, you realize there is a lot of potential for users to create errors.  For example, I had errors and crashes one day because I had set an infinite loop of orders-- move to earth/refuel from earth... for infinity.  Before I knew the basic way to play the game, I broke it badly and had to start over.  When it gets stable, check all of your task groups for strange or impossible orders, like unloading goods that don't exist from a colony that doesn't exist.  Sometimes, these problems happen within NPR systems, and then there is not much recourse.

I now play with NPRs off at start, and deal with them as I encounter them.  It seems to cut down on the disasters.

Search the forum for the SPECIFIC error, and post the entire message and someone might have a better idea whats going on.  But things break occasionally.  If it can be isolated to an NPR, maybe SM-Deleting the NPR would help.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:35:13 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:16:18 PM »
Code: [Select]
2nd December 2063 17:36:21,SM Only,System 0,Error in ExecuteOrders
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

That's what I was talking about

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »
Try clearing all the civilian shipping lines orders, if clearing all your own task forces doesn't work.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:21:12 AM »
The times i've had this error it has been due to one or more of my taskgroups with an order to join/absorb a task group that no longer exists.  I'd have a good look at your fleet orders to make sure you don't have any similar orders for them.  BEWARE, I lost 5 fleets and all of the, fortunately, 5 ships due to this little error.  I had told them to join a fleet that subsequnetly was absorbed by another fleet.
Welchbloke

Offline Thibaut (OP)

• T
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »
I followed the advice and even though i don't know what solved it, I didn't have that error for a while now, it's a blessing.

The most likely cause was a "move to" order to an empty (but existent) TG (Shipyard TG) that was in one of the repeated orders