Author Topic: Stuck in increments  (Read 1341 times)

Offline rorror (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
Stuck in increments
« on: May 20, 2016, 05:56:03 AM »
In my great game with lots of NPR's i have had times with hours in reallife with increments of 5sec. Waiting that out resulted in continue of the game.
Left the game running for over 24hours in real life, and got 1day ahead in game, and still stuck in increments of 10-20sec to 120-160sec increments.
This does not look like a battle, but more like something getting in and out range sensor range. It does not seem to clear up.
I am going on a vacation trip this weekend, so what you guys suggest to do..

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Stuck in increments
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:11:33 AM »
You could disable sensors in systems you hav no presence in on the main screen before you start the game. Then see if a long increment passes, try going back and turning normal sensor updates back on.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: rorror

Offline rorror (OP)

• r
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:26:28 AM »
You could disable sensors in systems you hav no presence in on the main screen before you start the game. Then see if a long increment passes, try going back and turning normal sensor updates back on.

In the Main windows, i used the setting "None without player presence"
Have hit the box 1 day. Got one day ahead.

So if i understand it correctly, npr's are triggering eachother in a system where i am not present?

The setting "None without player presence" should that not be default? So you won't get stuck on increments of NPR's battles? Or do you disable sensors at the NPR? And they won't see anything at that moment?

Offline rorror (OP)

• r
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:02:06 AM »
Changed to option back after i forwarded 5days.
Increments are back to normal operations now.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 07:11:19 AM »
If you leave that setting on NPRs will completely ignore each other untill you enter a system, it might happen that a system you enter then has a bazillion ships and colonies from different empires all intertwined, if you enter such a system it'll explode into a complete smegstorm of violence with more 5 second increments than you'll know what to do with
The setting is very good for clearing up AI hangups though.
Alternatively you could turn on auto detection in systems you have no presence in, this should manage to make AIs always go for fighting rather than constant popping into and out of sensor range. it could make things worse, but I think on average it'll make the AIs fleets get thinned out, and maybe keep them from spreading out too much .
Edit: oh, it seems the profanity filter is a red dwarf fan.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:13:58 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "