Author Topic: Precursor population  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
Precursor population
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »
Hi. In my game I have recently wiped out some precursors(I think they were precursors because the communication with them has proven impossible and they didn't leave any lifepods when their ships blowed up. ;D ) in a system and sent in a geosurvey vessel to check out the planets for ruins. When my geosurvey ship moved to the first planet of the system it registered  a thermal 5 population belonging to the precursors. So what is this population? Somwhere I've read that thermals pick up industrial machinery on a planet, so can it be some abandoned industrial stuff?
Or some other nasty surprise from the precursors? ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:20:20 AM by Icecoon »
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Precursor population
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:30:32 AM »
You've probably found one of their outposts. Its guarded by precursor ground troops and possibly contains fuel and precursor ammo(missiles).

Offline Shooer

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
It will also have a deep space tracking post, and ground troops aren't always going to be guarding them.

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38:29 AM »
Cool in my game they are using the same size 5 launchers as my ships.  :D

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 12:07:30 PM »
Yes, a DSTS and 176 Gur Anti-Ship missiles.  :D Too bad there are no ruins at all in this system.

Edit:
I have one more question. I've captured the precursor base with those missiles, but i've got not one colony but two. One with my ground troops and one with the DSTS and the missiles on the same planet. Is that normal? This was my first offensive ground operation.  :) 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:01:35 AM by Icecoon »

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:01:48 AM »
Yes, a DSTS and 176 Gur Anti-Ship missiles.  :D Too bad there are no ruins at all in this system.

Edit:
I have one more question. I've captured the precursor base with those missiles, but i've got not one colony but two. One with my ground troops and one with the DSTS and the missiles on the same planet. Is that normal? This was my first offensive ground operation.  :) 
yeah thats normal

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:29:39 AM »
Ok, thanks. Is there any way to merge these two new colonies in one?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
Transfer everything to one population or the other, then delete the empty population.  Note that any remaining units or supplies at a deleted population will be lost.