Author Topic: "Move to Sorium Site at Uranus"  (Read 1754 times)

Offline android65 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
"Move to Sorium Site at Uranus"
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:48:59 AM »
I am fairly new at this game, but I try to learn as much as possible from the limited resources I find online.
However I have recently encountered a problem with my civilian shipping lines and I have no clue how to fix it.
The problem is that about 20 ships (I like to subsidize my shipping lines to speed up the hauling jobs) are constantly stationed at Uranus with the message indicated in the title.

How do I get them to move? Could it be that I am missing some key technology? I have already tried to clear the orders in SM mode but they simply return to the same order immediately afterward.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: "Move to Sorium Site at Uranus"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »
Those are civilian fuel harvesters, there is sorium deposit at Uranus and they harvest it and create fuel from it.

Only thing you need to do is buy the fuel from them (if you want that fuel). Sent your empty tankers and give them order to refuel from those civilian harvesters.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:01:58 AM by Black »

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Wait...you can do that? Well, it appears our fuel crisis is solved.

Also the title of this thread made me laugh, I'm sorry. Mentally I'm about 6 when it comes to jokes about my favorite astronomical body.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:59:15 AM »
You mean that if some Aliens invaded the planet, they would say 'Uranus belongs to us?'  :P

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 12:11:43 AM »
If Uranus has the best sorium reserves then they very well might claim that planet after subduing the earthlings.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
actually in my game Uranus is a good site for Sorium as well, so this is a stunning coincidence. uranus is a good site in general .
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »
Sorium seems a bit sparse in my current game;
Minerals discovered on Jupiter: Sorium 357,500 (0.4)
Minerals discovered on Saturn: Sorium 482,160 (0.5)
Minerals discovered on Uranus: Sorium 102,240 (0.6)
My fingers are crossed for Neptune.
However I'm liking 2 colonies in particular:
Luna; Duranium 2,548,697(0.9), Corundium 2,335,951 (0.6),
Mercury; Duranium 7,620,608 (1), Gallicite 2,143,296 (0.5), Mercassium 1,259,782 (1), Tritanium 152,412 (0.8), Corbomite 38,103 (.01), Sorium 29,173 (0.1)
Also Callisto has 1 million each of Corundium and Neutronium at high accessibility, so my construction projects are looking very secure for the future.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:25 AM »
What I am currious to find out in a few years when my mineral extraction goes from 14 to 16 is if my refiners increase their output.  So far as I can see the fuel production rating is based on your base mineral production rate and looks to be:  Base_Mineral * 20,000 per year.  It would be nice if that was Base_Mineral*Base_Refining I have to say.

It also would not be to terrible if the ships commanders factory skill level also was factored in.