Author Topic: Aurora v5.54 Full Installation  (Read 275511 times)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Aurora v5.54 Full Installation
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Just use one of the newer full installers, this is an old version. http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5663.0.html
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Deimos752

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • D
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 11:01:16 PM »
Thank you.  I hadn't seen that.

Simeon Aleksiev

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 01:43:34 PM »
Hey Steve. . .  I was trying to download the zip file but it keeps failing "Network Failure" i ran a test on cmd and had no errors.  Would you or any of the guys out there help me.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
The download for this has been moved to Dropbox and the original post updated.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »
Btw, don't forget to keep complete repository somewhere, since dropbox can remove your files after a long period of inactivity, and I seen some people who got comfy with such features, forget to backup and get burned. ( i recently had a similar experience only with notepad++ and lost all my work)

Guy

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
When I run the game and click on system maps I keep getting this
"Run time error '339'
Component 'COMCTL32. OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

What do i do?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »
Read this very forum. Instructions on how to deal with this problem have been posted multiple times. Here is one fix:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8159.0

Offline the_jevry

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
ok guys im going to have to ask a VERY stupid question now, so this is how far i got: i saw enterelysium and was like: i should try this game.  i went to this website made an account, waiting until admin acces things.  i clicked on the download aurora tab and then clicked on downlaod aurora.  and it brought me to a list with forum threads with this one at the top, what now?

Offline the_jevry

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
Quote from: the_jevry link=topic=1830. msg85557#msg85557 date=1454188719
ok guys im going to have to ask a VERY stupid question now, so this is how far i got: i saw enterelysium and was like: i should try this game.   i went to this website made an account, waiting until admin acces things.   i clicked on the download aurora tab and then clicked on downlaod aurora.   and it brought me to a list with forum threads with this one at the top, what now?

ok this part where i was stupid i fixed, so i installed evrything but now another stupid question, how do i startup the game now?
(i know i know im being a big silly goof just dont hate me pls)

Offline the_jevry

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
Quote from: the_jevry link=topic=1830. msg85558#msg85558 date=1454190242
ok this part where i was stupid i fixed, so i installed evrything but now another stupid question, how do i startup the game now?
(i know i know im being a big silly goof just dont hate me pls)

ok derp 3rd time but. . . .  anyways, its asking em an SM pasword so im putting in my pasword from this account but it says its wrong. . . . .  so. . . . .  whatheheck do they mean with SM password? thanks anyways, also ti have to go now so i probs wont be figuring that out the next 12 hours or so. . .  but yeah id like to know, thanks.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2016, 05:36:19 PM »
uhm... I don't know what you did, but the game SM mode has nothing todo with forum, and its password is almost certainly blank.

Also if you had issues with install process, you might want to use the instruction here, they are similar but a little bit more detailed.

Offline the_jevry

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 05:35:23 AM »
oh no im sorry i ment i got a bit further, so i installed the game and stuff and its sorta working but not really because you see i click on the aurora icon and it asks me how i want to start my new game.  so i choose all the settings then i notice a blank spot with SM password, so i write down the password i am using for this account and click save.  it gives me another tab popping up with only asking me the SM password obiously meaning the one i entered was wrong, to check for sure i entered my password there again.  and it just said incorrect password, might be caps lock issue i dun know but im assuming not.  so i try to just click on select and it gives me the game but the tab is blank and probably very very bugged. . . . . . . . .  OOOOHHHH i just checked and i need to create a new game.  well il EDIT this comment if i run into another issue (yes i just figured out i can do that too) but thanks alot anyways.
i hate it when you ask a quesyion and figure it out urself seconds after you asked the question :D (btw so i clicked on create new and its asking me to CREATE a password to keep my game save so yeah)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2016, 01:41:50 PM »
oh no im sorry i ment i got a bit further, so i installed the game and stuff and its sorta working but not really because you see i click on the aurora icon and it asks me how i want to start my new game.  so i choose all the settings then i notice a blank spot with SM password, so i write down the password i am using for this account and click save.  it gives me another tab popping up with only asking me the SM password obiously meaning the one i entered was wrong, to check for sure i entered my password there again.  and it just said incorrect password, might be caps lock issue i dun know but im assuming not.  so i try to just click on select and it gives me the game but the tab is blank and probably very very bugged. . . . . . . . .  OOOOHHHH i just checked and i need to create a new game.  well il EDIT this comment if i run into another issue (yes i just figured out i can do that too) but thanks alot anyways.
i hate it when you ask a quesyion and figure it out urself seconds after you asked the question :D (btw so i clicked on create new and its asking me to CREATE a password to keep my game save so yeah)
And SM password really is not necessary unless you are running a moderated game. Most of us do with a blank.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 01:30:22 AM »
so i choose all the settings then i notice a blank spot with SM password, so i write down the password i am using for this account and click save.  it gives me another tab popping up with only asking me the SM password obiously meaning the one i entered was wrong,
No, I assume that it ask you for the current password (blank) since you are trying to set a new one...

Anyway, like Erik said you don't need a SM password. You can find an explanation about most of the user elements including SM password here. Also you might want to try to follow the Quickstart for Beginners

Offline Elrood

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:11 PM »
I think that there was some mistake with installer - i've downloaded from first post in that topic and got something like 0. 1.  Than downloaded and installed portable version.  Very(!) big difference in creating new game screen. 

Can someone who know more about the game check what is currently in zip file and/or leave some information for other new users please? :)