Author Topic: Missile/Beam Weapons only option  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Xkill (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Missile/Beam Weapons only option
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
First off, I'd like to say that I was going to place this on the "6.x" thread but I wasn't really sure that that would be the right place. If it was then please move it away. Anyway, the suggestion:

What I was thinking about was having an option on the New Game Menu to restrict or limit the weaponry choices to either Missiles or Beam/Kinetic Weapons for both the NPRs, Spoilers (Perhaps with the exception of the Invaders) and the Player.

It could be like this:

Missiles only game: Missiles, Drones, etc..., as the only offensive weapons. Beam/Kinetic ONLY as PD (Can't target ships or they have really poor accuracy).

Beam/Kinetic only game: Beam/Kinetic as the only usable weapons. Missiles would only be able to be placed on Mines. Drones usable but only on non-combat (Geo/Grav Survey) or semi-combat roles (Active/Thermal/EM Sensors).

I believe this would be a great option for the game, allowing currently semi-useless or very situational weapons like Plasma Carronades or HPWs to be effective.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Missile/Beam Weapons only option
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:17:31 AM »
First off, I'd like to say that I was going to place this on the "6.x" thread but I wasn't really sure that that would be the right place. If it was then please move it away. Anyway, the suggestion:

If you want Steve to remember your suggestion after the first time that he reads it, you need to put it in the (semi-)official suggestion thread.  He uses that threads as a filing cabinet that he reviews occasionally.  Ditto for bugs.  For more info, read the "Where should I post" thread in FAQ.

John