Author Topic: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 46113 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »
My suggestion above solves this by at least separating out the military and civilian academies and in the extreme creating an academy type for each officer.

IMO if Steve every implements a change like that you could change it so that academy commandants will make an academy give out only their type.

Also, and this is also buried in the suggestions thread, late game when you have 4k+ officers it takes a very long time to open the commanders menu, this is because the officer filtering/sorting on the bottom right of the screen will automatically filter out the massive list of officers from lowest rank to highest rank.

Either add a "filter" button to make the filtering manual or make it so that by default it sorts from highest rank to highest rank - which keeps the list small much later into the game and improves the speed at which the commander screen opens.

The following users thanked this post: Napier

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
Also, and this is also buried in the suggestions thread, late game when you have 4k+ officers it takes a very long time to open the commanders menu, this is because the officer filtering/sorting on the bottom right of the screen will automatically filter out the massive list of officers from lowest rank to highest rank.

Either add a "filter" button to make the filtering manual or make it so that by default it sorts from highest rank to highest rank - which keeps the list small much later into the game and improves the speed at which the commander screen opens.

Easy fix is to not auto-populate that list until the player chooses a filter manually (or presses a button if this suggestion is taken up). Never ever in the history of playing Aurora have I interacted with the default unsorted naval officers list, at the very least I'll sort to the rank(s) I actually care about at the moment, so it makes sense to save the processor cycles there as they're wasted anyways.

The following users thanked this post: papent, kingflute, Napier

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »

Please put missile series back in.  As is, I have to change the loadout of each ship or the class loadout every time I want to top off my magazine with older missiles.  So please, please put this back in.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, papent, Droll, lordcirth, skoormit