Author Topic: Military sci-fi book based on what I learned from Aurora  (Read 8413 times)

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
Re: Military sci-fi book based on what I learned from Aurora
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »
Excellent, I enjoyed the first book (Especially its factual style) so have been looking forward to this.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
Hey,

Would you mind filling me in on the details about publishing an ebook like this?
In particular, is this the first time you did something like this, have you tried to sell it via the traditional route, and how many readers do you think you've had so far?

I'm currently in the process of trying to sell a book to publishers (not sci-fi, more of a very-slightly-supernatural thriller/mystery) and it's not going anywhere, which I sorta expected. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, and most importantly whether I really want to go through amazon or just set up a donation system myself.

I would rather have a lot of readers than a lot of money, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:19:04 PM by Theodidactus »
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
Finally got around to reading this. Really enjoyed it. Ideal reading material on Kindle for PC while waiting for Aurora to process turns :)

I can see why others commented on the history vs current events split but I thought the history really sets things up, especially for a multi-book series.

Looking forward to Book 2!

Steve