Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 212465 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2016, 10:47:37 PM »
If a theme is selected for a system and Real Stars are switched on, the theme will not be respected for adjacent systems - ie, the real name will be used, instead of the one generated according to theme, regardless of there being a theme set. I think this might be unintentional; after all, if you want the generic Wolf 235, Gliese 753, etc names, you would have switched the theme off. If themes were respected on Real Stars games, you could have real stars with automatic themed names, rather than the defaults.
This is not a bug. Gliese ABC and so on are not generic names, they are real star names pulled from the Gliese star catalogue:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_Catalogue_of_Nearby_Stars
Same goes for Lalande: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_C%C3%A9leste_Fran%C3%A7aise
Thus Real Stars overrides Theme naming, just as it overrides the galaxy size option.

If you send a terraformer ship to a planet, but only THEN make a colony, the ship will move to the planet, but not the colony, and won't be counted as being in orbit for purposes of terraforming. Resending to colony works as a stopgap.
This has already been fixed for C# version as per Steve's update here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg97728#msg97728

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2016, 01:26:43 AM »
I know they're real stars with real world names. I'm saying that if you set a theme anyway, that should override the real name.

Also, apparently making a 250 million ton ship (orbital hab) causes some overflows. When I try to look at the ship registry, it shows an "overflow" alert and hangs.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Also, apparently making a 250 million ton ship (orbital hab) causes some overflows. When I try to look at the ship registry, it shows an "overflow" alert and hangs.
@Vandermeer calculated the limit of things quite a while ago HERE. This is something known already, and the ship is too large for the Aurora database to handle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:20:35 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

The following users thanked this post: AbuDhabi

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #573 on: October 24, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
You should be able to fix that by turning on space master and unlocking the design, then modifying it to have less than the critical amount of armour, the next time you load the ship list it should show the new design and be fine.
Or alternatively you should be able to just delete the task group the ship is in which will erase the ships too.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #574 on: October 24, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
I know they're real stars with real world names. I'm saying that if you set a theme anyway, that should override the real name
Ah I see. You should post that in the Suggestions thread then.

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #575 on: October 29, 2016, 10:52:31 PM »
I've encountered a strange bug where my ship is in one system, but the orders available are for another system

As you can see Thor is in WISE but the available locations list shows as if it were in Sol

Sorry if this has been reported before, havent read the rest of the thread

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #576 on: October 30, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »
I've encountered a strange bug where my ship is in one system, but the orders available are for another system

As you can see Thor is in WISE but the available locations list shows as if it were in Sol

Sorry if this has been reported before, havent read the rest of the thread

Update: Remove all resets the available locations to the actual system.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #577 on: October 31, 2016, 04:12:43 AM »
Update: Remove all resets the available locations to the actual system.

Doesn't that usually happen when you have a ship with an order to transit a jump point ( so that you can give it orders to transit and then what to do in the destination system ).

Looking at the screenshot it seems the ship had a destination and an ETA, suggesting it actually had a move&transit JP order it was acting on.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »
Enemy known observed max Weapons/FC range from Intelligence tab -> Tactical Intelligence are not displayed on map when using the Display2 -> Combat -> "Max Weapon Range (Ships)" or "Max Fire Control Range" options as expected.

You probably also should learn their weapons and sensors intell when you salvage and manage to recover actual intact weapons and sensors off their wrecks... :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:32:37 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2016, 03:46:43 AM »
Probably known already but could not find it here:
When deleting a task force orbiting a population the fuel/maintenance supplies are not added back to the population.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #580 on: November 28, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »
Don't know if its a display error, a rounding error, or intentional. Designing a swarm missile system for a big-ish next-gen capital ship when I encountered this when choosing what size;
Code: [Select]
Maximum Missile Size: 2     Rate of Fire: 400 seconds
Launcher Size: 0.66 HS    Launcher HTK: 0
Cost Per Launcher: 3.96    [b]Crew Per Launcher: 0[/b]
Materials Required: 0.99x Duranium  2.97x Tritanium

Development Cost for Project: 40RP
Code: [Select]
Maximum Missile Size: 2     Rate of Fire: 2000 seconds
Launcher Size: 0.5 HS    Launcher HTK: 0
Cost Per Launcher: 3    [b]Crew Per Launcher: 1[/b]
Materials Required: 0.75x Duranium  2.25x Tritanium

Development Cost for Project: 30RP
I tested this looking at a lot of different sizes, and the 1/3 size always requires less crew than the 1/4 size. The 1/3 size seems to require 1/2 as much crew as the 1/4 no matter the size of the missile, despite the size of the launcher is being reduced.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #581 on: November 29, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »
I know they're real stars with real world names. I'm saying that if you set a theme anyway, that should override the real name.

Similar to that, putting more than 2.14 bn liters of fuel on a ship also causes overflow and resets fuel counter to zero.

know they're real stars with real world names. I'm saying that if you set a theme anyway, that should override the real name

Iirc it is done on purpose. Without real stars on, systems are named according to chosen theme BUT if you rename one system your next will always default to the next name in theme.  For example if you use Terran federation theme and rename your first system, the second one will always be named as Proxima Centauri. With real stars on, no matter how you rename your systems, next one will always be named with their own real names.

."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline stamasd

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #582 on: December 04, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »
I don't know if this bug has been reported already or not, I haven't gone through all of the 39 pages of this thread.

I found a bug where in 7.10 the number of naval and commercial shipyards being built is wrong. For some reason it only kicked in a number of years into a game. It did not happen at the beginning.

At the start, I built 10 naval and 10 commercial shipyards. Those got built correctly. Then after about 10 years into the game I began a second round of shipyard building. By that time I had 2 extra shipyard operations bonus techs, if that matters. I set a project to build 5 naval shipyards, but only 4 were built when the project was completed. I then setup the construction of 5 commercial shipyards, ad again the number I got was less than expected. This time I watched what happens; it looks like at the first time increment after the start of the project, the number of items set to build is wrongly decremented by one. If allowed to proceed unchanged, it continues without any extra false decrements. If however you modify the project (say to add back the shipyard that was dropped) then again at the next time increment one is lost, and so on. This happens now in a reproducible manner on all projects involving shipyards, but doesn't happen for other types of projects.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2016, 12:35:39 AM »
Could be a rounding error, maybe you have .99 of a shipyard or something.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »
So far I have found the following bugs:

Civilian companies design and build ships without cargo handling if not yet researched and throw error messages doing so.  The resulting ships are actually usable and their small variation plays ok, but the huge ones take really long to load and unload and are more or less useless/bad investment.  Conventional Start game.  Sadly didn't note down the error, happend long ago.

Civilian Spaceliners enter systems with one-way jumpgates, becoming stuck in there.  Happened multiple times in different systems.

Spacemaster empire comparsion does not sort correctly in the last few columns.

When considering to deliver colonists, civilian colony ships might consider the colony ships already on their way to the destination, but not the ones that are currently idle and start their journey the same time.  For example, there are 20 idle colony ships, and some infrastructure gets delivered to a colony so that there is space for a few colonists.  Now all the idle colony ships start delivering, possible completely overloading the colony.

When conquering a population, surrendering fighters stay assigned to their old squadrons, thus not showing up unassigned for their new owner.  If they are docked during transfer, each gets asssigned its own taskgroup, while remaining docked, which should not be possible.  Both races are player races.

The "Show Passive Sensor Ranges" option on the system map, Sensors tab, only shows thermal sensor detection ranges.  Maybe have differently colored circles for EM and TH?

Foreign Aid window lets me freely select the empire that donates money, but the empires in the list for the recieving empire are dependent on the currently selected race in the main window.

The SM View event log text file created by clicking the "Text File" button on the Event Updates window often has the dates shuffled around.  It also shows spoiler race and NPR events, which are not visible in the window (Should be consistent).

Deleting a race that recieves or gives money via financial aid contracts leads to the following: The aid contracts involving this race persist, so races giving money to the deleted race still get the money substracted from their wealth, but every 5-day increment, when the game tries to give that money to the deleted race, it throws:
Error in AddToRaceWealth
Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
(Translation: The record can not be added or modified because a record in the Race table must be related to this record. )
Please report. . .
The other way round the recieving race still gains the money, but the game throws an error when trying to take the money from the deleted race:
Error in DeductFromRaceWealth
Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
(Translation: The record can not be added or modified because a record in the Race table must be related to this record. )
Please report. . .
In both ways, the aid contract can't be deleted, as the window only allows doing so when the correct race combination is selected, which is not possible anymore as one of the races got deleted and is thus unselectable.  Is reproducable in new games.
This now happens four times every 5-day increment in my current game (multiple player races, currently ~60 years old) and is quite annoying (and I have already played 15 years with it) - any way to fix it and keep the save intact? I guess it would be just four records to delete from the db?

And just happened today:
In a different game with multiple nprs one of them "conquered" another nprs homeworld.  Now the game throws the following error every 5-day increment:
Error in IndustrialProjects
Error 11 was generated by Aurora
Division by zero
Please report. . .
The planet is heavily radiated and probably has little industry left (TH 805, EM 8047).  The game is less than a year old.