Author Topic: Task Forces  (Read 1748 times)

Offline tryrar (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
Task Forces
« on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
Quick question: How do I transfer ships and TGs between Task Forces? I've got a Colony Defense Task Force centered on my main extrasolar colony, and I want to add the gunboat squadron I just stationed there to it

Offline Shooer

• Petty Officer
  • S
Re: Task Forces
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
There are lots of ways to move ships from one fleet to another; the Special Orders/ Organization tab for one, and the join or absorb order for two and three.

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »
Task Groups -> Special Orders / Organisation tab .  There you have a move between taskgroups screen.

If you have SM on you can move them between TGs anywhere in the system.  If not only at the current location.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:05 PM »
He said Task Forces.  The only way to do this is the fourth tab (Naval Organization) on the Task Groups screen.  Select the TG you want from the dropdown, then select your Task Force root element on the Naval Organization screen and press the 'Add TG' button.  You can also add branches all up and down the chain and add ships and TGs directly to these branches.  To actually move the TG to the selected TF, select the appropriate branch and press 'Branch Only'.  This will create a new TG under the appropriate TF, containing the ships in the selected branch.

Offline Rabid_Cog

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »
What is the purpose of task forces anyway? Is there some sort of range limit to the bonuses from your naval command?
I have my own subforum now!
Shameless plug for my own Aurora story game:
5.6 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4988.0.html
6.2 part: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5906.0.html

Feel free to post comments!
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5452.0.html

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »
What is the purpose of task forces anyway? Is there some sort of range limit to the bonuses from your naval command?
AFAIK bonuses only apply when the ship is in the same system as the task force, hence the use of task forces and flag bridges. Also, as a minor point, some task force staff positions are an excellent way to train your officers in specific skills.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:41:45 AM by Theokrat »

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
My mistake , I skimmed through his post and didn't realize what he was asking :D .