Author Topic: The game spawned 2 NPRs in the same system  (Read 1088 times)

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
The game spawned 2 NPRs in the same system
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
After exploring a system, I met some new aliens. After a few days, the game started slowing down, and lots of wrecks appeared in the system, so I assumed that the game had spawned a NPR and precursors in the same system. I gave them a spacebubble, hoping that the fight wouldn't last for too long, but they never seemed to finish. After endless 5 seconds increments, I decided to just use DM and remove the precursors from the system. I was quite surprised when I found out that there was in fact two different NPRs in the same system fighting each other.

Is this a feature or a bug?

If it is a feature, my opinion is that it would be nice with a forced truce countdown option at game start for NPRs created during games as well. It seems highly unlikely that 2 NPRs created in the same system would ever manage to maintain peace unless they're forced to have peace for a while.

Some context:

- I'm 100% sure that both races were created when I opened the system. Opening the system took like 1-2 minutes, and neither of the races had explored any other systems. I also just started with one NPR at game start, and I know that neither of these were that one.
- I play (or played, I've lowered it now) with pretty high NPR creation probs (30/60)
- The system was a quatratily (or how the hell you're supposed to spell that! :p) solar system, and the races had their HW at different stars. 

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: The game spawned 2 NPRs in the same system
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:16:38 AM »
It's a feature. There's a chance of generating an NPR on any suitable planet, independently of each other.