Author Topic: Detail on Terraforming and Leader Bonuses  (Read 1409 times)

Offline JimiD (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Detail on Terraforming and Leader Bonuses
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Quick question emerging from a discussion on Installations vs Modules:

How do the bonus of ships commanders, plantary adminstrators, Task Force Officers and Sector Commanders stack?

The top of the environmental tab has the number of installations (eg 6), then the number of orbital modules (6 again) and the equivilent with the ship commander bonuses (eg 7.4).  It then has a total for the annual ATM change (which on rough figures implies that the Civilain Admin bonues applies to the modules and the installations).

So does the Civilian Adminstrators bonus apply only to the ground based installations, or to all terraforming activities?

Presumably the Task Force Officer's bonus only applies to the modules (assuming they are in his Task Force).

Which Terraforming activities does the Sector Commander's Bonuses apply to, the installations and/or the modules?

A bit pedantic, but Terraforming is one operation that takes forever, so optimising it is worthwhile.  I think.

Offline JimiD (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Re: Detail on Terraforming and Leader Bonuses
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
First report back

The Civilian Administrator bonus is only applied to the Installations, not the orbiting Modules.

Edit: I assume the TF and Sector bonuses apply as described elsewhere, so with a bit of research I have answered this myself.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the disturbance.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
Quote from: "JimiD"
Quick question emerging from a discussion on Installations vs Modules:

How do the bonus of ships commanders, plantary adminstrators, Task Force Officers and Sector Commanders stack?

The top of the environmental tab has the number of installations (eg 6), then the number of orbital modules (6 again) and the equivilent with the ship commander bonuses (eg 7.4).  It then has a total for the annual ATM change (which on rough figures implies that the Civilain Admin bonues applies to the modules and the installations).

So does the Civilian Adminstrators bonus apply only to the ground based installations, or to all terraforming activities?

Presumably the Task Force Officer's bonus only applies to the modules (assuming they are in his Task Force).

Which Terraforming activities does the Sector Commander's Bonuses apply to, the installations and/or the modules?

A bit pedantic, but Terraforming is one operation that takes forever, so optimising it is worthwhile.  I think.
Ship commanders affect the ship directly. Task Force commanders have no effect on terraforming operations. Planetary and sector governors only affect terraforming installations. They have no effect on ship-based modules. The entire terraforming bonus of the planetary governor applies plus one quarter of the sector governor

Steve

Offline JimiD (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:40:43 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Task Force commanders have no effect on terraforming operations.

Ahh, thank you.  Well deleting my Terraform TF should free up some Officers for my upcoming military fleet.