Author Topic: Xeno team on strike?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Xeno team on strike?
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
Hi,

I have a planet indicating a ruin and I have dropped a xeno team on it, but it still shows as 'need xeno team' in the summary, any idea why? I have not done the geo survey though, is it the cause?

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Re: Xeno team on strike?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
Did you actually give them time for a survey?

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
they are stationed since one year on the planet, but the summary still indicates: need xeno team. Does it just means they have not found anything yet?

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Probably.
Maybe the ruins are just that big ;D

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
I would benefit from an advice here ... What is the normal indication when a xeno team is on work in a ruin? Because on my surveyed planet I still get:

Abandoned installations ??
(Unknown race - Xenologist Team required)

I do have a xeno team on the planet. Why this indication so? Is it a bug? A misleading message?

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
I would benefit from an advice here ... What is the normal indication when a xeno team is on work in a ruin? Because on my surveyed planet I still get:

Abandoned installations ??
(Unknown race - Xenologist Team required)

I do have a xeno team on the planet. Why this indication so? Is it a bug? A misleading message?
Just a misleading message.  If you have a xeno team on the planet then they are working.  Just be aware it can take years for them to actually complete the task.
Welchbloke

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
Also the larger the extent of the ruins (see F9 screen) the longer it generally takes to decipher the language.  The only exception for this is if you have already found and deciphered a ruin from the same empire.  Then as soon as your zeno team gets to work they reallize that they already know the language and you can get to work recovering installations immediately.

Brian

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 01:50:36 AM »
Thanks. Indeed, a few days in game after I posted the message, they reported they found ... 900 installations from an abandonned Empire, incredible!

The message is quite misleading though.

I wonder if the Empire in question can be a current one or it is always a dead empire ... Would it spoils the fun for me if you answered me?  :P

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 03:30:16 AM »
In theory it is always a dead empire that you find. 

Brian

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »
I have a question somewhat related so i'll post it here.  How do you actually find alien ruins? will a planet indiciate as such as soon as you explore the system or is a Geo Survey scan/team needed to ID a colony as having ruins?

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
I think it needs a survey, but just use sm functions to create one, and see if your main race can see it.
Damn, I should know, in my current campaign the main system is full of them.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
You need a geo survey to see it.  If you have already surveyed the system and you use the SM functions to put a ruin on a planet then you will need to update the screen to see it.  You will see a general statement about the size of the ruins.  ie ruined settlement, intact cities, ect.  Generally the order from smallest to largest is:  Destroyed, ruined, abandoned, partially intact, and intact.  Within that is a descriptor of: outpost, colony, settlement, installation, city.   The largest can have several thousand installations to attempt to recover.  Just remember to have some guards allong to protect the engineers.

Brian