Author Topic: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 28980 times)

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 06:48:29 AM »
Quote from: "darkevilme"
Game has been moving in one minute increments for days and days(BOTH in game and out of game days) due to ships being in firing range and not firing.

I consider this a bug as anyone with more sense than processing power would of abandoned the game by now.
Move your mouse over the auto-turn checkbox and click like crazy. Eventually you'll hit it in the brief window between time increments where it's actually clickable.

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »
I was playing abit with the Class Design in "The Space Race" (my Notebook resolution is to low for real playing)

if I delet one of the two Command Modul (20 Lifesupport) from the Phyton (6 Crew) its say "Insufficient life support for crew"

(another little thing is that modules shows the amount of crew they need on a non-figther craft while design a figther)
Per se ad astra

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »
Quote from: "Vanigo"
Game has been moving in one minute increments for days and days(BOTH in game and out of game days) due to ships being in firing range and not firing.

I consider this a bug as anyone with more sense than processing power would of abandoned the game by now.
Move your mouse over the auto-turn checkbox and click like crazy. Eventually you'll hit it in the brief window between time increments where it's actually clickable.

This doesn't change the fact it's REAL TIME days before anything occurs in the game. I can actually interact with the game, it's just the game world is now progressing so creepingly slow it's almost like i'm running the space empire in real time.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »

This is the kind of yo-yo bug that Steve is trying to eliminate.  He would probably appreciate a zipped version of the DB  :D
Welchbloke

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:28 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"

This is the kind of yo-yo bug that Steve is trying to eliminate.  He would probably appreciate a zipped version of the DB  :D
Then He shall have one.

Though apparently the uploader does not allow me to upload it. so here's a media fire link to it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?e85gvkptmh2ga0o

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 11:00:20 AM »
I was messing around in my officers screen, trying to resign some army officers that did not have any ground troup training skills, and assigning officers that do, to prevent them from being released from service due to no assignments.
In the right tab, I selected 'ground forces training rating'
There I selected the first unassigned officer with combat training rating (50), and then, in the list on the left (rank 1), I found an assigned officer that did not have any skills at all.
I retired that officer (while he was assigned)
Then, I (accidentally) chose the 'teams' option from the potential assignments dropdown.

I got this error:
Error in GrdCommanders_Selchange
Code: [Select]
Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row Value
Please Report....etc

After doing some testing, I narrowed the error down, and can reproduce it.
It has to do with the scrollbar
How to reproduce:
-select groundforce officers
-select ground forces from the potential assignments dropdown (should be there by default)
-drag the scrollbar a bit
-select teams from the potential assignments dropdown
voila, error

I suspect that it will give the error for any switch from a potential assignment group that has a scrollbar to a potential assignment group that has no scrollbar. I just do not have enough ships yet to test that.

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »
Pedantic Formatting Bug:

In the "New Mineral Deposit" message, the original mineral amount is showing in scientific formatting, while the new mineral amount shows in standard numeric format.

Offline ndkid

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • n
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »
Still getting the semi-standard Error Creating teams:

Error in cmdTeam_Click

Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error.

As per usual, this one springs up without any warning, and then occurs with every team creation I make in that game forevermore.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »

This doesn't change the fact it's REAL TIME days before anything occurs in the game. I can actually interact with the game, it's just the game world is now progressing so creepingly slow it's almost like i'm running the space empire in real time.
Oh. When you said anything with more sense than processing power would have abandoned the game, I thought you meant you had given up on it but your computer was stubbornly chugging away at it.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »
Something screwy is going on with the expand civilian economy tech on a random-tech startup. My latest game, I've got the base 20 per capita income, but the first rank of expand economy would cost me a whopping 40,000. Other games, I've seen an expand civilian economy tech in completed projects, and none in the available projects.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »
Something screwy is going on with the expand civilian economy tech on a random-tech startup. My latest game, I've got the base 20 per capita income, but the first rank of expand economy would cost me a whopping 40,000. Other games, I've seen an expand civilian economy tech in completed projects, and none in the available projects.

It's always 20% increase. Sounds like your random tech included some expanded economy.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"

It's always 20% increase. Sounds like your random tech included some expanded economy.
Right, except I didn't get the benefits of my expanded economy. I managed to fix it by SMing myself the 40,000 RP one and then removing it three times, and deleting the extra 80,000 RP ones that got made. This expanded my economy by 20% three times, just like it would have been if I had actually gotten the benefits of the 5K, 10K, and 20K ones that were pre-researched.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 01:21:13 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"

Right, except I didn't get the benefits of my expanded economy. I managed to fix it by SMing myself the 40,000 RP one and then removing it three times, and deleting the extra 80,000 RP ones that got made. This expanded my economy by 20% three times, just like it would have been if I had actually gotten the benefits of the 5K, 10K, and 20K ones that were pre-researched.
I have seen this before , I have started out with the fitst expand exonomy tech costing several hundred thousand to research

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 05:50:45 AM »
There's a fleet of aliens in my system.
Upon pressing the 30-day turn button, I got this error message:

Error in CheckAlienShip
Code: [Select]
Error 3077 was generated by DAO.Recordset
The expression contains a syntax error (operator missing). (translated from Dutch)
Please report...etc

Pressing OK on the error continued the game normally.

I also entered a new system on this turn, so it might be either related to the alien fleet in my system, or to new aliens that I have not detected yet in the new system.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
Minor typo in the ship design window.
Thermal sensors are described as "sensor sterngth 10."