Author Topic: Host transfer  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 05:23:59 PM »
Erik -

When I log on to Aurora, it is my habit to hit the "View Posts Since Last Visit" button, and then view each of the resulting subjects to see posts that I haven't read yet.  I will select one of the subjects, read the messages that I haven't seen, then hit the "Back" button on my browser to get back to the listing of posts that I haven't read yet, where I will select the next subject with new posts, and so on.  

This has worked well in the past, but since the host change, I've been getting the following message when I hit the back button:

"You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

Sometimes the search results will appear if I hit the back button again after getting the above results, and sometimes I just get the same message.  If I go back to the main screen and hit the "View Posts" selection again, sometimes I get the above message and sometimes I don't.  

This isn't a big deal, but it is a little annoying.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Online Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 06:44:33 PM »
Quote from: "Kurt"
Erik -

When I log on to Aurora, it is my habit to hit the "View Posts Since Last Visit" button, and then view each of the resulting subjects to see posts that I haven't read yet.  I will select one of the subjects, read the messages that I haven't seen, then hit the "Back" button on my browser to get back to the listing of posts that I haven't read yet, where I will select the next subject with new posts, and so on.  

This has worked well in the past, but since the host change, I've been getting the following message when I hit the back button:

"You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

Sometimes the search results will appear if I hit the back button again after getting the above results, and sometimes I just get the same message.  If I go back to the main screen and hit the "View Posts" selection again, sometimes I get the above message and sometimes I don't.  

This isn't a big deal, but it is a little annoying.  

Kurt

I think this is Working As Intended (tm). There is a 15 second search flood restriction, i.e. 1 search every 15 seconds. I can lower that some if it's a big bother.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"

I think this is Working As Intended (tm). There is a 15 second search flood restriction, i.e. 1 search every 15 seconds. I can lower that some if it's a big bother.

Ah, a feature, not a bug.  No big deal then.

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Online Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 10:02:28 AM »
Quote from: "Kurt"

Ah, a feature, not a bug.  No big deal then.

Kurt

I am thinking Yahoo Hosting is not the best. Various things that didn't work before, now are. And my personal spam email has been virtually eliminated... Go figure... ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 07:57:05 AM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"
Quote from: "MWadwell"
I've had some issues like that myself. I think, and stress the think part, that it is cached addresses causing that. If you get a 404 going to pentarch.org/aurora, just change it to aurora.pentarch.org and leave rest of the url as is. That should update the cache...

I think that there is also a problem with the links on the pages. When I clicked on the orange icon (to go to the most recent unread acticles of the game review), I got a "404" error message, as the page tried to take me to the old URL.....

Try clearing your browser cache.

Hopefully this will all settle down in a couple days. Yahoo was most reluctant to let DNS entries go.

Nope looks like the problem lies in whatever is used to generate the digest links.

eg from the email

<td><a href="<td><a href="http://pentarch.org/aurora/viewtopic.php?p=7672#7672">7672</a></td><td>18 Dec 2007 10:11 AM  CST</td><td>Erik Luken</td><td>Host move is complete, and as far as I can tell successful. If there is anyone having trouble logging in, use the forgot password link on the log in p...</td>
</tr>

notice the href is still set to "http://pentarch.org/aurora/"

I suspect there is a setting misset somewhere :-(

Mike

Just checked the latest digest - still giving links to places like

<h2>Forum: <a href="http://pentarch.org/aurora/viewforum.php?f=8">Announcements</a></h2>

Can you have a look at this Erik?

Slainthe

Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike