Author Topic: Repeated orders.  (Read 1528 times)

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Repeated orders.
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »
I know I can give task force orders. Like have a freighter task force go pick up something at a planet, move to the next one, pick up some more stuff, then go and drop it off in a central location. And you can do a delay so it does not happen so often.

How do I get it to repeat over and over again for a dedicated route to pick up minerals from civilian mines at astroids and have a delay?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Repeated orders.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
Use either Cycle Orders check box for infinite repeats, or use the Repeat Orders with a number in the box next to it for a finite order set.

Offline Rogtuok

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
Use a mass drive if it is in the same system you just ned 1 massdrive on the central world as the civ suply ther own mass drive

Offline GenJeFT (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »
Ah.

I ended up having to stop the route as the civilians placed mines on comets which turned into a small problem. My cargoship does not have the range for that and I had to bring it in for fuel after it did half the orders.

If they provide themselves with mass drivers I will just use that, I already have a mass drive at earth.

*EDIT*

Can those mineral packets be intercepted?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:07:46 PM by GenJeFT »

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
Mineral packets can't be intercepted. However don't remove the last mass driver on a destination colony while packets are en-route, dropping big chunks of rock on your colonists head is poor for morale.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:14:06 AM »
The civilian placed mines will not interfere with what you are doing.  The civilians build their own mines and provide their own transport for the minerals without your intervention, even if you check to purchase the minerals they deliver them to your storehouses for you.

Learning how to set up your freighters for mineral collection is a good skill to have.  Early in the game mass drivers provide an easy means to transport minerals.  As your game progresses the number of mineral packets being sent explodes and will cause your game to start running slower.  Having a few collection routes serviced by a couple freighters is much more streamlined than 43634 mass drivers and their 34956489357 packets that might be en-route.