Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 93337 times)

Offline Legendsmith

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #615 on: November 12, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=7012.  msg81294#msg81294 date=1443245073
Are you running windows 10? There seems to be a tree view bug in Visual Basic on win 10 that which hasn't been narrowed down yet.   I have an idea that registering a different version of MSSTDFMT.  dll may fix it. 
I am on Windows 8. 
Is there any news on now to fix this this? Collapsible tree views simply do not expand (or collapse), rendering anything within them inaccessible.   Static tree views such as naval organisation do not display properly either, but that's not as major. 
It's very frustrating to not be able to manage my extra-solar colonies, or to use the combat assignments overview. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:42:06 PM by Legendsmith »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #616 on: November 12, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »
If you have a touchscreen disable it in your drivers window in your control panel.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #617 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »
Windows 8 too?
That gives me an idea, as I have a win 8 laptop available I might see if I can find a trigger or workaround.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Legendsmith

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #618 on: November 13, 2015, 01:36:38 AM »
I do not have a touchscreen
However, the problem is resolved.  A friend of mine saw I had a game-pad plugged in.  I unplugged it and restarted aurora.  Lo and below, the tree view controls work perfectly!

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #619 on: November 22, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
I'm seeing this too. I've got a bunch of fighters stuck in a PDC. I can't give them orders because they're in Overhaul. Their maintenance clocks were at several years when I ordered them to overhaul.

The solution is: Do not try to order fighters to overhaul. It creates bugs and it's not necessary. When they're landed at their mothership, their maintenance clocks tick down.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #620 on: November 22, 2015, 07:59:55 PM »
I've got "Automated Assignments" checked.

Observed Behavior: When the cycle takes place, a great many brigadiers are left without assignments, and a great many brigade HQs are left without commanders.

Expected Behavior: I'd expect brigadiers with no assignments to be assigned to brigades that lack commanders.

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #621 on: November 23, 2015, 04:38:53 AM »
I think HQ commanders need a Training bonus to get auto assigned.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #622 on: November 23, 2015, 07:30:38 AM »
On a second look, that is indeed what's happening. The Brigadiers that don't get assignments are the ones who don't have a training bonus. If that's the expected behavior, then this isn't a bug, it's merely something I don't understand.

Groovy.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #623 on: November 26, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »
Ships with engine damage appear to be retroactively slowed. As a result it is possible that the now slower ship will fail to end up inside of missile intercept range. As a result the remaining missiles from the same wave may impact on the next 5s increment and allow point defenses an extra round of point defense missile fire.

As seen here 115 missiles intercepted the Krivak task group targeting Krivak 003, which was slowed after the 11th salvo impacted. Don't ask me why the explosions ended in front of the Krivak's in the direction of their travel, or why the missiles ended there movement before reaching the task group they were targeting. There might be other bugs that occurred with the interception.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »
Minor Text issues:

On the Missiles/Buoy Design page, Enhanced Radiation checkbox has the tooltip for Laser Warhead.
On the Leaders page, tooltip for "Unassign Type" reads "Clear assignments for all officers of the current team, except team members." Should say "officers of the current type."
On the Population and Production Page, in the Research Tab, the Technology Description for Fuel Productions techs give the wrong figure.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
Fixed the problem where moons are not numbered from one. It was because Trojan asteroids were taking the earlier numbers.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #626 on: December 05, 2015, 07:04:06 AM »
Fixed the popup bug that happens at the start of Aurora and during the 5-day increment if a ship is towing a shipyard.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #627 on: December 05, 2015, 07:27:16 AM »
Minor Text issues:

On the Missiles/Buoy Design page, Enhanced Radiation checkbox has the tooltip for Laser Warhead.
On the Leaders page, tooltip for "Unassign Type" reads "Clear assignments for all officers of the current team, except team members." Should say "officers of the current type."
On the Population and Production Page, in the Research Tab, the Technology Description for Fuel Productions techs give the wrong figure.

All fixed for the next version

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #628 on: December 05, 2015, 07:34:23 AM »
On a second look, that is indeed what's happening. The Brigadiers that don't get assignments are the ones who don't have a training bonus. If that's the expected behavior, then this isn't a bug, it's merely something I don't understand.

Groovy.

It was intended but I agree it doesn't make sense :)

I've removed the requirement for HQ commanders to have a training rating greater than zero. These with higher training ratings will still be assigned first.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #629 on: December 05, 2015, 08:45:07 AM »
Ships with engine damage appear to be retroactively slowed. As a result it is possible that the now slower ship will fail to end up inside of missile intercept range. As a result the remaining missiles from the same wave may impact on the next 5s increment and allow point defenses an extra round of point defense missile fire.

As seen here 115 missiles intercepted the Krivak task group targeting Krivak 003, which was slowed after the 11th salvo impacted. Don't ask me why the explosions ended in front of the Krivak's in the direction of their travel, or why the missiles ended there movement before reaching the task group they were targeting. There might be other bugs that occurred with the interception.

When I added the code that allowed missiles to lead their target, I didn't allow for the situation where the missiles will hit immediately. So in a few cases the missiles are detonating where a moving target will be at the end of the next increment if they follow an intercept course. Amazed this hasn't been spotted sooner (especially by me :) ).

I've changed the code to first check if a direct course will result in a hit within the increment. If not, an intercept course is calculated against moving targets but with a flag set that no interception is possible.

That still leaves a second problem. Why does the target appear to be retroactively slowed? Ships move before missiles so the ship should already be in the new location before the interception takes place. However, even though ships move before missiles, those changes are not saved to the database until the whole increment is completed. Each fleet that moves is flagged with an 'Update' flag so that movement is saved in the post-increment db update. When a ship is slowed, a new fleet is created for that ship. However, the status of the Update flag was not being passed so the DB was not informed of the changed location. In effect, the ship wasn't retroactively slowed - it never moved at all. I've fixed that by setting the update flag of the new fleet.

The same issue regarding location applies to the location of life pods, wrecks and secondary explosions so I have updated that code too.

Thanks for the detailed bug report.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:48:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »