Author Topic: Teams?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Morrigi (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
Teams?
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »
How do geological and xenology teams work?

Offline Hyfrydle

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
Re: Teams?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:41 AM »
Geology teams are assigned to system bodies to search for mineral deposits and Xenology teams uncover installations on ruins. Check the wiki for more:

http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.ph ... =Main_Page

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »
right
And when xeno totally exploit the RUINS u must send a ENGINEER division for recover ruins machinery.

Offline Trueknight

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
To recover the ruins i need to have on the planet both the team and the engineers or only the troops are sufficient and i can disband the team?

In my game, i found some ruins and after the xeno team's work was done i disbanded it and sent the engineers, but they didn't recover anything for a long time (a few months, maybe a year). After that i tried sending back the xeno team on the planet and after little time they started to recover facilities...
Since i can't find stated anywhere that i need to have at the same time both the team and the troops, i'm unsure if it was just luck or i've done a mistake to disband the team in the first place...

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »
Once the Xenoteam have done the indentification, it's down to the engineers. On a big site it is well worth sending as many engineers as possible. They will all work independently.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
I think it helps to have then engineers with officers that have a xenology rating, but I'm not sure, could be random.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »
Quote from: "UnLimiTeD"
I think it helps to have then engineers with officers that have a xenology rating, but I'm not sure, could be random.
You are correct, for recovering installations, the engineering brigades are helped by having a CO with a high xeno rating.
Welchbloke

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »
Good to know it wasn't just random.
From that big installation I had in 4.91, the success-rate increased by more than a third by just having a 10-15% officer with them.

Offline Soralin

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:16:47 PM »
For engineers, does morale do anything?  (other than the small defense bonus)  Also, in recovering ruins, does it provide any help to have them in a brigade HQ, where the brigade HQ officer also has a xenoarcheology bonus?

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 04:57:42 AM »
Quote from: "Soralin"
For engineers, does morale do anything?  (other than the small defense bonus)  Also, in recovering ruins, does it provide any help to have them in a brigade HQ, where the brigade HQ officer also has a xenoarcheology bonus?
Morale should not have an effect other than in combat IIRC.  I don't know about the xeno bonus for Brigade HQs.  As they are already a brigade in size they should really get attached to Div HQs anyway.  Something to put in the suuggestions thread I think  :)
Welchbloke

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »
According to the wiki

"Xenology teams discover and research ruins"

This is the full entry for under Teams.

Is this correct? Just like sending a geo team to an surveyed world, can extra goodies be found if a xeno team is placed on a world with no existing ruins?

I've got lots of officers with xeno bonuses, should I be making use of them?

I've got a feeling that the wiki is out of date on this one, if so I'll correct / expand it once clarification is obtained.
My Newbie AAR

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 04:24:02 PM »
Quote from: "MattyD"
According to the wiki

"Xenology teams discover and research ruins"

This is the full entry for under Teams.

Is this correct? Just like sending a geo team to an surveyed world, can extra goodies be found if a xeno team is placed on a world with no existing ruins?

I've got lots of officers with xeno bonuses, should I be making use of them?

I've got a feeling that the wiki is out of date on this one, if so I'll correct / expand it once clarification is obtained.
Geo survey (by Geo survey sensors) discover a site that has ruins; xeno teams decypher the language etc, and discover how many installations; engineers reactivate the ruined installations.
Welchbloke