Author Topic: Blind Newbie AAR  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Caplin (OP)

Blind Newbie AAR
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
Hi,
I've decided that as a tribute to the kind of thing I've seen other people around here attempt, as well as for the bennefit of other blind people who might be interested, I'm going to start an AAR.
Mine will be a bit more tutorial in nature, with emphasis on accessibility issues I encountered and how I dealt with them.  Nevertheless, I trust as the game goes on the tutorial content will gradually decrease.
Anyhow, if anybody's interested, my tutorial is at http://aurorablind.blogspot.com  apologies for cribbing initial ship designs from Steve's tutorial, I'll become more original later I promise.
Looking forward to any feedback.  If I have burning questions I'll post around here.
Best and enjoy,
Zack.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Blind Newbie AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
Cool :)

The only thing I would say, and it probably doesn't matter to you because of your reader, but maybe an extra carriage-return every now and then so it isn't a wall-of-text.

Offline Caplin (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for that feedback.  I thought about that myself after posting, and will try to do a better job of formatting in future.

Offline Caplin (OP)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »
Well, a new post is up, hopefully better formatted.  It concerns economics, overall a very accessible area of the game.
Best and enjoy,
Zack.

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »
Thought the formatting was fine. Should prove useful to all.
Great work!
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.