Author Topic: Fighters and carriers.  (Read 2067 times)

Offline coco146 (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
Fighters and carriers.
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »
How do I load the fighters I have on a planet onto a carrier?

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
Re: Fighters and carriers.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
I assume you have them sat in a PDC?

In that case in the fighter tab locate the squadron you want to load. Select the PDC they are in from the drop down list and then click on launch.

Next select the carrier you want them to land on from the same drop down list and click to assign the squadron to that carrier. The just click on the land button and you will be done.

If you have not got to the stage of getting your fighters in squadrons and in a PDC then go to the fighter tab as before and click on new squadron in the bottom left corner. The on the right had side of that screen click on the allocation tab. You can then move fighters to the selected squadron. Then it's as above on assigning that squadron to the carrier and telling them to land on the carrier.

I normally rename my squadrons to the carrier they are allocated to so I don't loose track of where they all are.

Offline coco146 (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »
Ok done that and located my first target hostile ships only 1 jump away from Sol!  How do I use active sensors?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
Either on the Individual Ship screen (F6), Combat Settings Tab, the Battle Control Window (F8) or you can give a whole TG the order to move to a point in space, be it planet, jumppoint, waypoint of whatever, and activate all sensors there.

Your actives will paint the target, once it is in range, your firecons will lock the target, if in range and your weapons will kill the target, if in range (at least that is the theory :)  )
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline coco146 (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
Suffering a bit of a disaster :(  my fleet has entered the system however only my figther launched size 3 missiles are being launched the size 6 missiles on my larger ships are not being fired?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
Suffering a bit of a disaster :(  my fleet has entered the system however only my figther launched size 3 missiles are being launched the size 6 missiles on my larger ships are not being fired?

Targets are assigned to the FC? Launchers assigned to the FC? Missiles assigned to the Launchers?

Offline coco146 (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »
IDK it doesnt matter now though my fleet was vapourised.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
How do I load the fighters I have on a planet onto a carrier?

Easiest way is to go into the Task Group Orders window for the Task Group with the fighters, select their destination as the fleet with the carrier and select the order "Land on Specified Mothership (+ Assign)". When the list of carriers in the target fleet appears. Select the one you want to land on. Check there is enough room :)

If the fighters aren't currently in a task group by themselves, go to the Special Orders tab, select all the fighters in the left hand list box of the "Move ships between Task Groups" section and click "Split TG". The fighters are now in a task group by themselves - go back to step 1 :)

Steve

Offline coco146 (OP)

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »
Sent in a new fleet sadly both the carriers were killed however my destroyers are launching correctly.