Author Topic: Do Fighters/FAC load missiles from PDC or the Colony?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Rawb (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • R
Do Fighters/FAC load missiles from PDC or the Colony?
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Was wondering this question while setting up some bases, I have a base with mag capacity but some reason I cannot designate ordnance to it which leaves me to wonder whether or not reloads are done in the PDC or by the colony.

TIA :D

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
Re: Do Fighters/FAC load missiles from PDC or the Colony?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
If you load ordnance at Earth (as in the order), it takes missiles from the planetary warehouses. Reloading while docked in a PDC hangar takes missiles from the PDC's magazines instead.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
... I have a base with mag capacity but some reason I cannot designate ordnance to it...

Never encountered this... have you ticked the "ignore missile size" box on the Ordinance page of that PDC's Ship Display? It won't want to load Ordinance that it cannot launch, but you can over-ride that check with the tick-box.

Offline Rawb (OP)

• R
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:57 AM »
Thanks guys, I managed to get round it with some tinkering on Ordnance management and now the PDC is fully stocked. Am I correct in thinking that docked ships are essentially mothballed? Also, if I had some Maintenance Storage Bays, Would the ships use them to repair themselves and the same for fuel storage?

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
Ships docked in a hangar are in a sort of stasis: they use no maintenance supplies and their clocks never run. I use this in the form of "Stasis Box" PDCs on some of my worlds, storing particularly maintenance heavy ships for long periods of time with no mineral cost other then the PDC construction. I'm not sure what you mean by the second question, though I'm assuming you're asking if you can perform damage control using the mothership's maintenance supplies and refuel using the mothership's fuel storage. The answers to that are no, damage control can only be performed with onboard supplies, and yes, ships landing on motherships in my experience are automatically refueled.

Offline Rawb (OP)

• R
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
That's exactly what I was asking, cheers :).