Author Topic: Flag Bridge  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Flag Bridge
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »
Okay, I finally made the connection and figured out how to create more Task Forces.  So I've got this task force, "3rd Fleet" with two TGs under it, the "3rd Cruiser Squadron" and the "3rd Support Squadron."

In the 3rd Cruiser squadron there's one ship, the Ulysses S. Grant, that's got a flag bridge.  That ship's CO is Commodore Brian Dunn.   The Task Force's commander is RAdm Ewan Newman.

Newman is on Earth.  Dunn is on his ship, also in the Sol system.  On the Task Groups window, in the History/Officers/Misc tab, Dunn is listed as the Senior Officer in system, and Newman is listed as the Task Force commander.

My question is: What's the flag bridge doing for me?  Is there some way to move the TF command staff onto that flag bridge so that they'll travel with the fleet?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Flag Bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
On the taskforce organisation screen, above where it lists all the taskgroups in the taskforce, there are two dropdowns for moving a taskforce, one to a colony and the other to a ship with a flag bridge.

The flag bridge simply allows you to bring the taskforce HQ with you when you move to another system, as it only gives it's bonuses to taskgroups in the same system as it.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
Re: Flag Bridge
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »
My question is: What's the flag bridge doing for me?  Is there some way to move the TF command staff onto that flag bridge so that they'll travel with the fleet?

That's exactly it. In the task force management window you can shift the location of the task force headquarters to the flag bridge of a ship. Task force bonuses only apply to ships in the same system as the task force headquarters, so this can be very beneficial.

Edit - Beat me to it.  :'(