Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 23067 times)

Offline procdrone

• Leading Rate
Re: Bugs report
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 06:49:10 PM »
With your latest update, a bug/feature was discussed on Discord.

In standard aurora, (removed in C#), when a missile salvo could cross from outside your sensor range to your ship within 5 seconds tick, final fire PD would NOT open fire (I believe only CIWS would attempt to shoot them down).

Do you intend to save the same "functionality" or will you make these volleys being able to be shot at by PD?

IMO, that's a bug.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 02:32:40 AM »

In standard aurora, (removed in C#), when a missile salvo could cross from outside your sensor range to your ship within 5 seconds tick, final fire PD would NOT open fire (I believe only CIWS would attempt to shoot them down).

Do you intend to save the same "functionality" or will you make these volleys being able to be shot at by PD?

IMO, that's a bug.

It's not a really a bug in VB6. It's a result of the sequence of play. The sequence of play during each increment is move - detect - launch, so sensors don't have an opportunity to detect missiles launched from very close range, so point defence cannot engage.

In C#, an extra missile-only detection phase has been added following missile launch so the sequence is now move - detect - launch - detect. This was a conscious decision to shift the balance a little from missiles to energy weapons.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:46:21 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:56 AM »
I think Tankers are not load/unloading fuel as intended. 

https://imgur. com/a/5dy21cJ

When you unload 90% fuel, from a not 100% full tanker it will actually unload 90% fuel.  If you unload 90% fuel from a tanker with 50% fuel, now it unloads down to like 5%, however i think that it should unload down to 10%.  I know that's not what the command really says, but i think this is how its intended to work. 

Also the load/unload fuel to set level doesn't seems to work.  It seems that is you set a order to unload to say 30% its creating a order to unload x 30.  and then unload 30 times, instead of unloading to set level. 

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 06:59:03 AM »

IMO, that's a bug.

It's not a really a bug in VB6. It's a result of the sequence of play. The sequence of play during each increment is move - detect - launch, so sensors don't have an opportunity to detect missiles launched from very close range, so point defence cannot engage.

In C#, an extra missile-only detection phase has been added following missile launch so the sequence is now move - detect - launch - detect. This was a conscious decision to shift the balance a little from missiles to energy weapons.

Appreciate the input, I'll follow suit.  Hopefully the performance hit won't be too bad.

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »
I think Tankers are not load/unloading fuel as intended. 

https://imgur. com/a/5dy21cJ

When you unload 90% fuel, from a not 100% full tanker it will actually unload 90% fuel.  If you unload 90% fuel from a tanker with 50% fuel, now it unloads down to like 5%, however i think that it should unload down to 10%.  I know that's not what the command really says, but i think this is how its intended to work.

Aurora unloads 50% -> 5%, not 50% -> 10%.

Also the load/unload fuel to set level doesn't seems to work.  It seems that is you set a order to unload to say 30% its creating a order to unload x 30.  and then unload 30 times, instead of unloading to set level.

Load/Unload to set level uses exact values not percentages.  An unload of 30 times would show the order 30 times, not "x 30" on one order.  Note that you are specifying the fuel level you want the pop to be at, not the ship.

The following users thanked this post: Gram123

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 11:03:27 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/WHIsu9O

This is odd i think.

In this screenshot is 3 ships that has been upgraded. In the new design there is room for an extra 500k fuel.
As you can see in the screenshot the Ships still only refuel to the level they used to have as a Agincourt 2 class (1.000.000 each). The fuel measurement correctly shows the ship is only fueled 66% however the cargo box in the lower right corner says 3.000.000 our of 3.000.000. This is not correct as the new class agincourt 3 can hold 1.500.000 each.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 11:13:48 AM »
I dont have a screenshot for this one.

I think in aurora, there is a limit to how far surveyship will go with the automation survey order. (i think its max 10B ). But in Q4x i just had a GEO trying to go to another star in a binary 2000B  away

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/REfzSXX

This ship continue to move even though it doesn't have any more fuel...

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »

I think in aurora, there is a limit to how far survey ship will go with the automation survey order. (i think its max 10B ). But in Q4x i just had a GEO trying to go to another star in a binary 2000B  away

While definitely a variance from A4x, perhaps we should consider this one a worthy update in need of an edit?

Ideally, the survey ship's own design would dictate the limit on how far away it will search.  Anything within, say, 45% of the maximum fueled range, and within 45% of the deployment duration for travel time.  Would keep the majority of its adventures from being inherently problematic, and let you design ultra long range survey ships and simply release them to do their thing with such distant locales.

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »

I think in aurora, there is a limit to how far survey ship will go with the automation survey order. (i think its max 10B ). But in Q4x i just had a GEO trying to go to another star in a binary 2000B  away

While definitely a variance from A4x, perhaps we should consider this one a worthy update in need of an edit?

Ideally, the survey ship's own design would dictate the limit on how far away it will search.  Anything within, say, 45% of the maximum fueled range, and within 45% of the deployment duration for travel time.  Would keep the majority of its adventures from being inherently problematic, and let you design ultra long range survey ships and simply release them to do their thing with such distant locales.

Yeah I didn't see any reason to limit the range.

Offline Gram123 (OP)

• G
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 02:35:28 PM »

Well it its kind of annoying when your ships just wandering out into the void of space until there is no more fuel...

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »

Well it its kind of annoying when your ships just wandering out into the void of space until there is no more fuel...

A good point.  Something similar was said in the main thread as well.  I've put the 10B km limit in for the next update.  I noticed that in A7.1, some orders are limited to 10B (survey nearest planet) but some are not (survey nearest body, survey next 5 bodies).    For now, I put the limit in for all variations of the geo survey orders. 

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 04:28:19 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/REfzSXX

This ship continue to move even though it doesn't have any more fuel...

Will be fixed in the next version. 

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 04:58:32 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/WHIsu9O

This is odd i think.

In this screenshot is 3 ships that has been upgraded. In the new design there is room for an extra 500k fuel.
As you can see in the screenshot the Ships still only refuel to the level they used to have as a Agincourt 2 class (1.000.000 each). The fuel measurement correctly shows the ship is only fueled 66% however the cargo box in the lower right corner says 3.000.000 our of 3.000.000. This is not correct as the new class agincourt 3 can hold 1.500.000 each.

Will be fixed in the next version.  After it's released you'll have to re-refit the ship to fix the fuel capacity.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:01:56 PM by Kyle »

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 05:07:16 PM »

IMO, that's a bug.

Appreciate the input, I'll follow suit.  Hopefully the performance hit won't be too bad.

Will be fixed in the next version.  I've changed mine to detect(missiles only) - move - detect - launch, so it will catch missiles manually launched with the "Msl Launch" buttons too.

Edit: will most likely be adding a game option to choose whether to enable/disable this, requiring SM password to change after game is started
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:31:45 PM by Kyle »

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler