Author Topic: Can't access all my people  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Octavian30 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • O
Can't access all my people
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »
I stupidly pressed the 'add theme' button (or similar name - I am at work at present) on the officers page and got a bunch of new officer ranks - the bottom 4 of which I can't get rid of - bugger - anyway my real problem is that when I moves to the Civilian list - they all appeared in the box on the lower right and the '1. Civilian Administrators' list was empty.... I can't seem to access any of these people any more - I then discovered the same thing in the Military page - all my officers appeared on the bottom right window and I couldn't access them..

any ideas on a fix?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Can't access all my people
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:52:39 AM »
Quote from: "Octavian30"
I stupidly pressed the 'add theme' button (or similar name - I am at work at present) on the officers page and got a bunch of new officer ranks - the bottom 4 of which I can't get rid of - bugger - anyway my real problem is that when I moves to the Civilian list - they all appeared in the box on the lower right and the '1. Civilian Administrators' list was empty.... I can't seem to access any of these people any more - I then discovered the same thing in the Military page - all my officers appeared on the bottom right window and I couldn't access them..

any ideas on a fix?
This is one I hadn't thought through. I should have removed the Add Theme button, or made it rename instead of adding, when I set the bottom four ranks as non-deletable. The only way I can think to really fix this is by messing around with the database but it is complicated. A quicker fix is to delete the higher ranks and rename the lower ones and then regenerate your officer corp but that loses everyone who currently exists. Otherwise, send me the DB and I will try to fix it.

Steve

Offline Octavian30 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:44:14 AM »
its actually the civilian admin that's the problem - I have none at all and don't seem to be getting any new ones - yet all my old ones appear ont he right hand side if I press on one I get
Error in gridSorted_SelChange
Invalid Row Value

If I get rid of a lot of my extra Naval ranks will I eventually start getting new civil admins?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:14:16 AM »
Quote from: "Octavian30"
its actually the civilian admin that's the problem - I have none at all and don't seem to be getting any new ones - yet all my old ones appear ont he right hand side if I press on one I get
Error in gridSorted_SelChange
Invalid Row Value

If I get rid of a lot of my extra Naval ranks will I eventually start getting new civil admins?
The problem is that the ranks for all four types of leaders are actually the same ranks - they just display with different names. Scientists and Admins are all rank 1. So your civilian admins are still assigned to their original rank, which is no longer rank 1 due to the new ranks that were added. Unfortunately the game assumes they are all rank 1 and can't handle the fact they are now assigned to rank 6 (or whatever their old rank is now). It can probably be fixed by fiddling about with the ranks in the DB but its complicated. Regenerating the entire officer list will set all the new officers to the correct ranks but you will lose all your existing officers.

Steve