Author Topic: Max number of jump points  (Read 1771 times)

Offline wedgebert (OP)

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
Max number of jump points
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Is there a limit to the number of jump points a system can have? I ask because I just finished surveying a system that ended up with 20 total jps. Needless to say I'm dreading trying to figure out how to arrage the galactic map to deal with that monstrousity of a junction system.

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
Re: Max number of jump points
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »
sounds like you found your version of manticore.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:56 AM »
I think JPs can be deleted in SM mode on the f9 screen. If you haven't explored them yet they don't even go anywhere so that shouldn't cause issues.

wilddog5

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:58:12 AM »
I don't think that there is a hard limit on the number of jump points but as the number is determined by the star (size / mass) their is probably a logical limit

the highest number of JPs I've had is 27-28 i think :o

Offline Zangi

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
Sol has 30 possible jump point spots I believe.   There could be more, but never bothered to check.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:30 PM »
Sol has 30 possible jump point spots I believe.   There could be more, but never bothered to check.

Those are just survey points and all systems have them.  I don't recall what Steve has as the upper limit any one system may have for jump points.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Those are just survey points and all systems have them.  I don't recall what Steve has as the upper limit any one system may have for jump points.

There is no upper limit for jump points, although larger numbers get increasingly unlikely. There is a bonus to the number based on star mass but it is only a minor bonus unless you have stars that are significantly more massive than Sol. The maximum distance of the jump points is based on the square root of the star's mass with Sol counting as 1.

Steve