Author Topic: v2.4.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v2.4.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2023, 08:31:10 PM »
Bug Report: I had a fleet: CruRon 5, with 4 cruisers. they took a big missile salvo of 315 size 9 missiles. 1 ship was destroyed, the other 3 took damage. CA-15 Wichita lost both of its engines, however the ship was not automatically detached from CruRon 5. Unless it only automatically detaches them if the ship can still move a little?

Did the max speed of your fleet change when it lost it's engines?

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 08:32:31 PM »
Bug Report: I had a fleet: CruRon 5, with 4 cruisers. they took a big missile salvo of 315 size 9 missiles. 1 ship was destroyed, the other 3 took damage. CA-15 Wichita lost both of its engines, however the ship was not automatically detached from CruRon 5. Unless it only automatically detaches them if the ship can still move a little?

Did the max speed of your fleet change when it lost it's engines?
yes, until I detached the ship with no engines

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2023, 08:38:17 PM »
So might have my first bug.  Had a new colony with a starport but I haven't gotten fully stocked with fuel, ordnance, and MSP so I had the Destination for Automated Refueling box unchecked so all ships would head to Earth. I had an exploration ship past it with conditonal order to refuel, resupply, and conduct overhaul at colony.  When its condition was met, it repeatedly tried to set its order to return to the unchecked colony.  I deleted the orders and made sure that the automated refueling for the colony was unchecked but the ship insisted on returning there.  I think it might have something to do with the refuel/resupply/overhaul combination because the block seemed to work on an earlier version game for just refueling.

I have no save to attach but the setup for this is easily reproducible. 

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2023, 10:39:47 PM »
Bug Report: Template system does not account for max engine size: I started a new game, and imported templates that used 60 HS engines. However, while it automatically researched tech like fuel use and ion engines, it didn't research max engine size. So I have ship designs with 60 HS engines, but the max engine size I can design manually is still 25 HS.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2023, 12:13:59 AM »
'Terminal Guidance' seems to default to on for any previous missile design you select from the drop down at the top of the missile design page, rather than whatever it should be for that design.

SJW: Its actually reversing whether the missile has ATG. Fixed for v2.4.1.

I'm not sure if this is related but the game currently removes the ATG bonus on missiles that have ATG on save.

To repro:
Design any missile that has an ATG bonus.
Go to FCT_MissileType and observe the ATG column, the correct value should be there.
Save the game
Reload the DB and reinspect the ATG column - you'll notice that the value has reset to "1".

Note that things like the additional size/cost due to the ATG remain so ATG is just a "nerf my missile" button in 2.4.0 right now. The game is just not saving the bonus for whatever reason.

SJW: Fixed for v2.5.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:31:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2023, 01:07:38 AM »
Bug Report 1: Creating a new game deletes all existing ship templates. This happens consistently. It does not get deleted when switching between different saves, however.

Bug report 2: I loaded a ship design into a new game using the template system. I just realized that the missile launcher was made as a size 3 launcher, instead of the size 10 launcher it should have been.

In the save "New Game Name", I loaded the Anubis Class Survey Ship. It should be a flat 10,000 tons and have 1 size 10 launcher with 30% size reduction. Instead, it is 9,883 tons, because it has 1 size 3 launcher with a 30% size reduction. The launcher still has the original name of "S10 Missile Launcher (30.0% Reduction).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:29:17 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:29 AM »
Ships with damaged weapons can be made to continue firing when they should not.

Replication:
- Have two or more identical ships, armed and in the same fleet
- Have one of the two ships with a damaged weapon - in my case, this happened due to a maintenance failure during firing with insufficient MSP to effect the instant repair. I am unsure if the same error occurs when the damage is due to enemy weapons fire
- Select the undamaged ship, with an enemy in range. Assign it's weapons, order it to open fire, then use the "Assign Fleet" or "Assign System" button

This results in the damaged ship having it's damaged weapon assigned to it's fire control and will incorrectly open fire as time is incremented.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:01:58 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2023, 04:28:49 AM »
'Terminal Guidance' seems to default to on for any previous missile design you select from the drop down at the top of the missile design page, rather than whatever it should be for that design.

SJW: Its actually reversing whether the missile has ATG. Fixed for v2.4.1.

I'm not sure if this is related but the game currently removes the ATG bonus on missiles that have ATG on save.

To repro:
Design any missile that has an ATG bonus.
Go to FCT_MissileType and observe the ATG column, the correct value should be there.
Save the game
Reload the DB and reinspect the ATG column - you'll notice that the value has reset to "1".

Note that things like the additional size/cost due to the ATG remain so ATG is just a "nerf my missile" button in 2.4.0 right now. The game is just not saving the bonus for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, the database field is an integer and it should be a double. The fix will need a database update.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Snoman314

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 11:35:13 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or the game is just taking a super long time, but if I turn on customised NPRs and creating the first NPR the game stops responding.

SJW: As per below, the problem was caused by Archipelago. I have removed this as an option for NPR home worlds.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 08:50:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2023, 12:09:37 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug or the game is just taking a super long time, but if I turn on customised NPRs and creating the first NPR the game stops responding.

Do you know what system the NPR is being created in (i.e. is it user-specified)? I have had some issues in the past where the game will hang on start because it is trying to create habitable systems for stars where this is functionally impossible - in my case, it was because I specified too small/narrow of a starting distance distribution for too many starting NPRs (prior to the advent of customized NPRs).

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2023, 01:31:48 PM »

Do you know what system the NPR is being created in (i.e. is it user-specified)? I have had some issues in the past where the game will hang on start because it is trying to create habitable systems for stars where this is functionally impossible - in my case, it was because I specified too small/narrow of a starting distance distribution for too many starting NPRs (prior to the advent of customized NPRs).

Just two NPRs between 30-50 LYs, with the game hanging after I created the first one

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2023, 01:35:27 PM »

Just two NPRs between 30-50 LYs, with the game hanging after I created the first one

Are random stars on? There have been a lot of bugs historically related to this.

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2023, 01:46:03 PM »

Are random stars on? There have been a lot of bugs historically related to this.

Known Stars is turned on. Though, I wonder if it is because I choose just Archipelago for the NPR homeworld terrian.

Edit: Ah, yeah it seems that was what caused it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 01:53:02 PM by Tavik Toth »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2023, 02:06:00 PM »
Known Stars is turned on. Though, I wonder if it is because I choose just Archipelago for the NPR homeworld terrian.

Yeah, Archipelago is a rough terrain for a home world because the usable land area tends to be virtually nil, leading to massive overcrowding. I think Steve added a check at some point to make sure a NPR wouldn't spawn on a planet that couldn't support its population, or something along those lines, so that interaction may be what caused this.

SJW: Yes, confirmed this is the issue.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 08:52:04 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Tavik Toth

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2023, 02:21:50 PM »

Yeah, Archipelago is a rough terrain for a home world because the usable land area tends to be virtually nil, leading to massive overcrowding. I think Steve added a check at some point to make sure a NPR wouldn't spawn on a planet that couldn't support its population, or something along those lines, so that interaction may be what caused this.

IIRC the check is supposed to just cap the population to the carrying capacity but when I reported that bug back then it was in the context of generated NPRs not game-start NPRs.