Author Topic: Do Precursors have infinite missile ammo...  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
Re: Do Precursors have infinite missile ammo...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
Actually it does work, as long as your strike fighters are equipped with guided ASM.  Because the AMM platform is immobile and focused on murdering your fighters, it generally won't see its impending doom until ~48 missiles slam into it.

As for the fighter pilots? Well, they gave their lives for the cause...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:21:03 PM by Gyrfalcon »

Offline jaybud4

• Leading Rate
  • j
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 01:58:03 AM »
I would suggest a glorious charge by a wave of strikefighters.     Please report back on what happens :)

Steve
I went for a bit of a different approach!  It worked out in the end, I think.    .    .    
(Curious: The gap in which they did -not- fire missiles -- you can't explain that!)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:32:14 PM by jaybud4 »

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »
(Curious: The gap in which they did -not- fire missiles -- you can't explain that!)
Did you armor your fighters? My best guess is that the AI thought it had fired enough missiles to take out all your fighters, but a bunch of them survived. Although... is that 31 size 1 explosions? (Kinda hard to read, for obvious reasons.) If the salvos were that big from the start, there's no way that's what happened. Maybe a long increment ran there (even though it really shouldn't have).

Offline jaybud4

• Leading Rate
  • j
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
Quote from: Vanigo link=topic=3690. msg45230#msg45230 date=1326052476
Did you armor your fighters? My best guess is that the AI thought it had fired enough missiles to take out all your fighters, but a bunch of them survived.  Although. . .  is that 31 size 1 explosions? (Kinda hard to read, for obvious reasons. ) If the salvos were that big from the start, there's no way that's what happened.  Maybe a long increment ran there (even though it really shouldn't have).
All of those increments were 5 seconds, especially the several that occupy that big space.   No armor on those fighters, but it was a zerg-rush of about a hundred of them, so there's that.   I'm pretty sure the salvos stayed the same size, but it's been a little while since that battle took place now.

I believe the number reads 31x.