New Players > C# Tutorials

Returning New Player - Any tips to get back up to speed?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Garfunkel:

--- Quote from: Froggiest1982 on February 06, 2024, 04:01:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Garfunkel on February 05, 2024, 07:28:03 PM ---You should build some sort of Battle Fleet before you leave Sol but the details are largely meaningless. That is because of the immense random element in play, though you can reduce its impact via game options. It is possible to get really unlucky and meet higher-tech spoilers just 2 jumps from Sol who then wipe your civilization out in short order. Or you could survey 100 systems without finding hostiles. Some NPRs will hate you almost immediately while others are easy to befriend. So any advice regarding the technical details of your first battle fleet is largely meaningless because you cannot know what sort of opposition it'll go against.

--- End quote ---

Now this would be generally true, however, after you explore 10 systems (default but depending on your setup) some spoilers may find you! So I am backing up the STO plus the Battle Fleet.

I am adding that while adding commercial sensors to commercial ships was an RP flavor, now is actually recommended along with any early warning buoys or large DTS stations in any relevant or valuable system.

--- End quote ---
We can now configure that in the Game Options settings, so it can be set at anything now - we're not 'stuck' at 10 systems. But yeah, building STO's is a good idea in any case. If you don't need them for Earth, they can be transported to colonies.

StarshipCactus:
play till you git gud

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote from: StarshipCactus on February 07, 2024, 03:33:12 AM ---play till you git gud

--- End quote ---

Instructions unclear: played and got gitted gud

Droll:

--- Quote from: nuclearslurpee on February 07, 2024, 09:33:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: StarshipCactus on February 07, 2024, 03:33:12 AM ---play till you git gud

--- End quote ---

Instructions unclear: played and got gitted gud

--- End quote ---

Was rekt before I could check myself.

Froggiest1982:

--- Quote from: Garfunkel on February 06, 2024, 04:40:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Froggiest1982 on February 06, 2024, 04:01:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Garfunkel on February 05, 2024, 07:28:03 PM ---You should build some sort of Battle Fleet before you leave Sol but the details are largely meaningless. That is because of the immense random element in play, though you can reduce its impact via game options. It is possible to get really unlucky and meet higher-tech spoilers just 2 jumps from Sol who then wipe your civilization out in short order. Or you could survey 100 systems without finding hostiles. Some NPRs will hate you almost immediately while others are easy to befriend. So any advice regarding the technical details of your first battle fleet is largely meaningless because you cannot know what sort of opposition it'll go against.

--- End quote ---

Now this would be generally true, however, after you explore 10 systems  (default but depending on your setup)some spoilers may find you! So I am backing up the STO plus the Battle Fleet.

I am adding that while adding commercial sensors to commercial ships was an RP flavor, now is actually recommended along with any early warning buoys or large DTS stations in any relevant or valuable system.

--- End quote ---
We can now configure that in the Game Options settings, so it can be set at anything now - we're not 'stuck' at 10 systems. But yeah, building STO's is a good idea in any case. If you don't need them for Earth, they can be transported to colonies.

--- End quote ---

Yep, as per "red", but good to reinforce since he is returning after a while  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version