Author Topic: Sol system minerals - v6.00  (Read 1331 times)

Offline jseah (OP)

• Captain
  • j
Sol system minerals - v6.00
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »
Did something change?

Coz I am looking at Venus with 50 million duranium at access 1 (!!) and 10+ million neutronium at 0.8 and 6 million gallicite at 0.6; looks like missiles are for me.  6 million gallicite at reasonable accessibility, holy crap!  (there's also a crapton of boronide but that doesn't look important)

Mars also has 7 million duranium at access 0.9 and 9 million neutronium at access 0.8. 
This is without counting all the 0.1 access minerals lying around.  And the roughly 1/2 to 1/3 earth-level deposits on the various comets that I'm buying from the civvies. 

If I wanted a Sol this rich in the last version, I'd have to re-roll endlessly just to get it. 

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Sol system minerals - v6.00
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
I think you just got a lucky break. I've had Sol made with a ton of minerals in 5.x
One game I even had geologist bring Venus up to about 2 million plus on almost all minerals with at least .6 accessibility and about 10 million Duranium at 1. Didn't give much reason to explore other than RP reasons then :D

Offline Victuz

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
Didn't get around to checking 6.0 properly yet since I don't want to loose my old game but I think you're just lucky.

One or two games ago I actually had about 70 million tonnes of duranium (and reasonable amounts of everything else too) with accessibility 0.8 on Venus.
Annoyingly enough the worlds that I could possibly colonize either have nothing or have everything at crap amounts/accessibility, (yes I'm looking at you Mars, you useless chunk of rock)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
The only change in mineral generation is that system bodies with a diameter less than 50km will be treated as 50km in mineral generation. I think you just got lucky :)

Steve

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
Trade you my fairly sparse starting system for yours :p