Author Topic: Starting the game in a random system.  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Blackworth (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Starting the game in a random system.
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
Hello, i have been learning the game and would like to know if there is a way to get to start in a random system as the solar system gets a little old.  I would appreciate some help as i have no idea how to the the spacemaster and do so. 

Thanks!

Offline Haji

• Captain

Offline Blackworth (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: Starting the game in a random system.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »
I get error 713.  I have no idea what it is and it says a file is missing.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
There was a program you had to install in order to get a DLL file that is normally missing but is used by Aurora. I don't remember what that program was though. Did you use the standard installer provided by Steve? If so you may want to use this, as this installer deals with all the potential problems Aurora has (upon installation I mean; in game bugs are still present):

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5663.0.html

Offline Blackworth (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
One last question as i have had a little annoyance is that in the costom start there is plenty of circles numberd 1-30 around the star.  i have that every game.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
One last question as i have had a little annoyance is that in the costom start there is plenty of circles numberd 1-30 around the star.  i have that every game.
Those circles are the survey points to detect jump points.  On the system display screen (F3) there is a check box to show or remove the circles.  For future reference the points are different distances based on the size of the star.  More massive stars will have survey locations farther out, and the locations will need more time to complete the survey.  In addition if you survey a point near a jump point the jump point will be revealed.

Brian