Author Topic: Officers  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Rogtuok (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
Officers
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:22:32 AM »
i do have several officers of rank R1 but cant assign them to anything then commercial ships and not even that sometimes as some of this ships even need R2 rank. What can i do to get this up in rank short of using spacemaster mode ?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Officers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:58:11 AM »
i do have several officers of rank R1 but cant assign them to anything then commercial ships and not even that sometimes as some of this ships even need R2 rank. What can i do to get this up in rank short of using spacemaster mode ?

Over time as you get more and more officers some will be promoted to higher ranks.  Per 3 of the previous rank you get 1 open slot in the next higher rank.  So if you have 90 R1 officers you can have 30 R2, 10 R3, 3 R4, and 1 R5.

You could go into the ship design page and reduce the rank requirement of the ships as well allowing you to use your R1 officers in them, or just leave them without officers until your normal promotion process generates sufficient officers to command them.  There is no reason not to allocate your R1 officers to commercial ships as this trains them and gives them promotion points.  Besides which some of them have skills more suited to comericial ships then military ones.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Officers
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »
The game automatically assigns a captaincy requirement rank when you design a ship or a PDC based on the weaponry. You can adjust this at any time, even after some have been built. Another option is to use fighters. You want to retain as many officers working as possible, as officers who have not had any postings in 6-7 years are dismissed from service as the game thinks that they are unneeded. So just waiting for more senior officers to become available does not really work on the long run.

Utilize PDC's and commercial ships and fighters and staff duty to employ your R1 officers and as your fleet slowly grows, you should have R2 and above officers to captain actual fighting ships.