Author Topic: Tutorials out of date?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Trorbes (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
Tutorials out of date?
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:13 AM »
I was going through the wiki's tutorials when I noticed that the two parts which discuss active sensors (here and here) didn't quite match up to the game's mechanics - specifically, they seem to not include EM Sensor Sensitivity in the formulas, which with the default tech level result in active sensors having half the range the tutorials suggest.  Now I understand that these were written up for a few versions earlier, but would it be reasonable to update the sections, at least to note the changes as of the latest (5.02 as of this writing) update?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Tutorials out of date?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »
Quote from: "Trorbes"
I was going through the wiki's tutorials when I noticed that the two parts which discuss active sensors (here and here) didn't quite match up to the game's mechanics - specifically, they seem to not include EM Sensor Sensitivity in the formulas, which with the default tech level result in active sensors having half the range the tutorials suggest.  Now I understand that these were written up for a few versions earlier, but would it be reasonable to update the sections, at least to note the changes as of the latest (5.02 as of this writing) update?
Yes, I do need to look through the tutorials again. I wil probably tackle it once v5.1 is out.

Steve

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »
just to be clear steve, you did mention you didnt want anyone to mess with your tutorials on the wiki?

what about another set of tutorials a person might want to make? Can we do that?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:22 AM »
Quote from: "Journier"
just to be clear steve, you did mention you didnt want anyone to mess with your tutorials on the wiki?

what about another set of tutorials a person might want to make? Can we do that?
I have no problem with anyone creating new tutorials. I just want there to be only one set of 'official' tutorials.

Steve

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:46 AM »
did they ever get updated ?