Author Topic: 5 day intervals go through, 30 day intervals do not. Why is this?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Evanissimo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • E
I wasn't quite sure where to put this as I am not entirely sure if this is a intentional design mechanism, but whenever I get a certain distance in my campaigns (usually discovering multiple NPR's and having them duke it out a bit), it seems that pressing the 30-day button only has the effect of advancing time 1 day maximum, while pressing the 5 day button will give the whole 5 days.  Is this some sort of way to make sure the processor in somewhat lower end computers doesn't kill itself when things get too complicated? Or is this an actual bug?

Offline mrDLSable

• Petty Officer
  • m
I think that you are seeing sub-pulses happening (the game sees that stuff is happening / going to happen and slows down your turns automatically (i think (maybe (I'm relatively new (enoug with the brackets  (ok :())))))

Offline Evanissimo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • E
Quote from: mrDLSable link=topic=7262. msg73773#msg73773 date=1402353172
I think that you are seeing sub-pulses happening (the game sees that stuff is happening / going to happen and slows down your turns automatically (i think (maybe (I'm relatively new (enoug with the brackets  (ok :())))))
I don't think that was the case, unless 5 day combat pulses are a thing.
On another note, the 30 day pulses are working properly again, which is further adding to my confusion.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
the one day one is obviously the fleet interception sub pulse, but the 5 day break I don't know. turn on SM mode and see what the event viewer has to say about it.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
With a 30-day increment the sub-pulse lengths are 1 day each.  With a 5-day increment they are, I believe, 8 hours.  So you almost certainly have contacts from two different empires who could encounter each other if they travelled directly towards each other for 24 hours, but not in 8.

This usually happens when two contacts with lousy sensors (freighters, small colonies, CMCs, etc.) are in the same system, or in a large binary system where sensors at the A component can't see all the way to the B component.