Author Topic: Effective early military suggestions.  (Read 1313 times)

Offline spoongoon (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Effective early military suggestions.
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:19:30 AM »
In my current conventional game I made the mistake of expanding too fast and using up my early resources.  What do you usually use for early navy, missiles, beams or something else.  The goal would be to have decent fighting cabability with minimal resource usage and research.

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
Re: Effective early military suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:18 AM »
If you are low on gallicite and tritanium, you should use beam armed ships until you find a good resource for both minerals.
I always use both beams and missiles.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline spoongoon (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 03:10:46 AM »
Out of Duranium :'( It´s probably because the conventional start takes so long to get going and by that time you are low on everything.
I Dont even have that many ships, 8 12kton missile cruisers, 6 laser frigates and couple of point defence.  I need a stopgap so i can focus on those automines.  In hind sight i should have build a lot more mines and construction from the beginning.
I have my fingers crossed for that one little planet that solves all my problems, unfortunately i ran into some nasty aliens with speeds exceeding 10000 km/s while I´m only just researching Ion engines.  Still it will be fun to try and get myself out of this mess.

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »
That's the worst case. Duranium is needed for everything. You should search for alternative resources.
BTW I don't even usually start to explore other star systems until I have Ion tech researched.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?