Author Topic: PDC scrap  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Goshwa (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
PDC scrap
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
Hello,
I have a question related to PDCs.
Is it possible to scrap them like when you scrap the ships?

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
Re: PDC scrap
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:27:37 AM »
I was wondering on this too some days ago.
You can go to SM mode and delete them in the ship overview menu(romulan warbird :) )
The only drawback is that you do not receive any minerals.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
If you do delete them using sm mode, go to your mineral stockpiles and add the approximate amount that you would get from scrapping them (1/3).  If you want to see how much minerals and money it took to build them go to the industry tab and select the pdc in question.  The minerals used will show up in a box on the bottom left of the screen.

There is also a long standing problem of refitting pdc's.  You can tell aurora to do it, but nothing actually changes.  The easy workaround for this is to que up the changes, wait till they are done, then go into the ship design screen and change the design (you will need to have sm mode running, unlock the design, make the changes and then relock the design.)  Once you do that go to the F6 screen and select each individual ship to have the design be updated.  People often use this trick if they made a really dumb mistake in designing a ship, like forgetting to have any fuel on board, or a scout ship with no sensors, ect.

Brian

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
Unless something has changed recently, PDC's cannot be scrapped, but they can be upgraded.  Since they cost nothing to sit there and do nothing, I never scrap them.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »
Brian, PDC's can finally be properly upgraded now. I just tested it on my Planetary Surveillance Bases and it works. Version 6.43.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 05:17:21 AM »
Brian, PDC's can finally be properly upgraded now. I just tested it on my Planetary Surveillance Bases and it works. Version 6.43.
YAY,  It has been a while.

Brian