Author Topic: Quick Question: Fighter training  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Zatsuza (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Z
Quick Question: Fighter training
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:26:45 AM »
Hey guys, just need a bit of clarification here. My first fight (months ago now) ended pretty well-- two of my frigates-- my only two built on a rushjob to defend the home system that is, rushed off to intercept some unknown contacts and decimated a few FACs they sent my way-- only to sit there for 20+hrs while they sat waiting for confirmation to follow the rest that were running off to grab a hanger reload. Obviously my fault, since it was a rushed fleet and they didn't have time to train together (even though you should really expect anyone that captains a starship to be able to show some initiative, but still :p -- and besides, my ships could thankfully tank their piddly missiles-- I managed to get them to retreat within PDC missile range with only about 1-2 squares of armour damage.)

Anyway, I've been a bit busy and haven't really thrown any fighters into combat yet since then. Do I need to train each squadron to work together as a TG as with ships, or are they gonna just sit there waiting to get shot?
I really hope not-- I have them out running fleet training right now but dear lord they keep running out of fuel so, so very fast.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Quick Question: Fighter training
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »
Fighters should gain task-force training rating by being stationed on a carrier that is doing task-force training. This lets you train them up without expending horrendous amounts of fuel and needing to refuel every few days/hours.

Offline Zatsuza (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Z
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:44:50 AM »
Fighters should gain task-force training rating by being stationed on a carrier that is doing task-force training. This lets you train them up without expending horrendous amounts of fuel and needing to refuel every few days/hours.

Thank God. ;_;

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
20 hours? This sounds like either a bug (a minute or one and a half would be ok, but not 20 hours) or did you hit a long time increment to get things along and your fighters that stayed behind just didn´t get a chance to check for reaction before the long time increment was over?

Hm, even if the latter, I would consider it a bug.

If you can re-create it, I would report it in the official bug thread
Ralph Hoenig, Germany