Author Topic: v5.0 Bugs Thread (no longer current)  (Read 10435 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v5.0 Bugs Thread (no longer current)
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:17:16 AM »
Please post bugs from version 5.0 and v5.01 in this thread. v5.02 bugs should go in the thread for that version.

Posting separate threads for every bug often duplicates effort and I don't know which version is affected. They are also far less likely to be answered because I usually only answer new posts, or posts in the Bugs and Suggestions threads. Once I log out, I lose track of posts I haven't answered but I always look in on the current Bugs and Suggestion threads.

Please read through (or Search) the bugs thread to make sure the bug has not already been reported and fixed, or reported and explained. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the complete error text, the window affected and what you were doing at the time. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If you can't remember the text of the error, check the Events window and click the Show Errors checkbox.

Steve

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v5.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
One of my 4 scientist died. He was working on a project at the time but the entry about his death had no current assignment listed.

To make matters worse, I went and tried to delete his now leaderless project and  it generated an error.
Error in cmdCancelProject_Click
Error 3022 was generated by DAO.Recordset
The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would creae duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

This is new game using 5.0 and a conventional start. He was working on Expand Civilian Economy 20% and had started the project before we finished Trans-Neutonian Physics. We had finished TN research before his death.

It doesn't seem to have created any actual problems, the entry was removed and the accumulated research points are showing in the list.

Thought you should know. :)

--Mav

Nabobalis

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
For some reason, SM Refuel doesn't seem to be working.

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
Quote from: "mavikfelna"
One of my 4 scientist died. He was working on a project at the time but the entry about his death had no current assignment listed.

To make matters worse, I went and tried to delete his now leaderless project and  it generated an error.
The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would creae duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

This is new game using 5.0 and a conventional start. He was working on Expand Civilian Economy 20% and had started the project before we finished Trans-Neutonian Physics. We had finished TN research before his death.

It doesn't seem to have created any actual problems, the entry was removed and the accumulated research points are showing in the list.

--Mav
I can confirm this bug. One of my 4 scientists on a TN sol start died and I had to re-assign his project. Same results as above, I didn't notice any problems from the error.

Offline Greiger

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Another 'me too' on that research project thing. But I had it happen before 5.0 as well. (I just assumed it was already reported.) It doesn't seem to break anything so I didn't worry much about it.

Same thing as reported, scientist dies for some reason or another, and their project gets abandoned.  Delete the project and the game throws an error, but dosn't really seem to care otherwise and deletes the project properly and keeps the RP.

EDIT:
Found another one.

Adding fighters to a ship with a hangar in the ship design screen allows you to go above the maximum capacity (hangar capacity can go negative). Adding another fighter after the the first that exceeds the capacity gives....
-----------------
That would exceed the capacity of the class. Amount adjusted for available space.
-------------
Error in grdFighter_DblClick
Error 11 was generated by aurora.
Division by zero
Please report...
-------------
After the errors it still adds the fighter to the hangar.

Offline Coryen

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
I have a possible bug for version 5.0:
In my current 5.0 test game, I not only found I was unable to select an enemies' wreck on the fleet orders menu. It simply never appears on the locations list. (Even with wreckage display enabled; in truth, I tried many combinations I thought might allow for displaying the wreck but to no avail...) But I also encountered [spoiler:1ydrla9v]a random wreck just floating in a system without any combat I know of taking place there. Unfortunately, that wreck too cannot be targeted.[/spoiler:1ydrla9v]

Offline Lin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:53 AM »
While it's better than 4.9, I'm afraid I'm experiencing the same problem that I was before. Several windows - Class Design most notably - cut off the lowest line of buttons. I can see the bottom of the window just fine, but the window ends before the buttons! Resize Enable doesn't particularly help, the elements in the window resize themselves to push the buttons right back off the bottom. I'm running on Vista, and using SDesk to see the bottoms of the windows.

Offline gamefreak1

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • g
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:08 AM »
I have untargetable random wrecks as well I can mail you my game if you want.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:37 AM »
Quote from: "gamefreak1"
Random wrecks are not a bug as they are ancient wrecks of precursor ships. Not being able to target them is a bug though. I will investigate and get back to you.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 04:16:19 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "gamefreak1"
Random wrecks are not a bug as they are ancient wrecks of precursor ships. Not being able to target them is a bug though. I will investigate and get back to you.
When I changed wrecks from contacts to always visible, I forgot to change the list of possible destinations to use actual wrecks instead of wreck contacts. Fixed for v5.01

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 04:26:20 AM »
Quote from: "Lin"
While it's better than 4.9, I'm afraid I'm experiencing the same problem that I was before. Several windows - Class Design most notably - cut off the lowest line of buttons. I can see the bottom of the window just fine, but the window ends before the buttons! Resize Enable doesn't particularly help, the elements in the window resize themselves to push the buttons right back off the bottom. I'm running on Vista, and using SDesk to see the bottoms of the windows.
This isn't a bug as such as it isn't related to the Aurora software . You would be better posting in the various display-related threads so that someone familar with Resize or SDesk can help you.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 04:58:18 AM »
Quote from: "mavikfelna"

I had created code to check for research projects for commanders that die or retire and to save any work to date. However, I forgot to actually delete the project. When you deleted it, the program tried to save the work so far and that clashed with the save record I had already created. So, as you say, it didn't cause a problem in terms of gameplay and you didn't lose any data. Fixed for v5.01. I have also added a little extra code so that if a scientist does die or retire you are informed of any project on which he was working.

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 05:35:56 AM »
Quote from: "Greiger"
Adding fighters to a ship with a hangar in the ship design screen allows you to go above the maximum capacity (hangar capacity can go negative). Adding another fighter after the the first that exceeds the capacity gives....
-----------------
That would exceed the capacity of the class. Amount adjusted for available space.
-------------
Error in grdFighter_DblClick
Error 11 was generated by aurora.
Division by zero
Please report...
-------------
After the errors it still adds the fighter to the hangar.
Fixed for v5.01

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 06:32:47 AM »
v5.01 patch is available with the above fixes.

Steve

Offline anduin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
I got an error after passing 30 days.
Here's a copy of the error message from my event log:
21st August 2032 16:30:16,SM Only,System 0,Error in GetOxyAtm
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null

After that all things research went haywire, with some of my research areas being set back the first 1 rp tech, and various issues with research assignment.

(Incidentally I couldn't find the error in the standard event window even when I checked "show errors", but it did show up in the text file version. I'm really not that familiar with the game but that isn't right is it?)