Author Topic: Error 94 in FireAllWeapons  (Read 2087 times)

Offline sausage (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Error 94 in FireAllWeapons
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
So I ran into a Wormhole and put 9 short range beam ships on it.  when the peoples showed up, I wasn't able to assign targets so I put all the weapons on "Open Fire" and every 5 seconds it gives me an error 94, and my ships won't shoot.  halp??

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Error 94 in FireAllWeapons
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
Just to make sure:

You do have an active sensor ON, lighting the targets up.
You do have at least one beam fire control on your ships and have the beam weapons assigned to it

If you can answer YES to both, you should be able to assign targets.

With no target assigned, it´s quite logic that aurora throws an error when you try to open fire but not tell your ships what to fire AT :)
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline sausage (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »
Ah, that would explain it. they have no active sensor =/ whoops

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
Ah, that would explain it. they have no active sensor =/ whoops

You can cheat a bit here and unlock the class's design and add in an active sensor to the design. Then go to the ship listing screen and make sure you select each ship of the design - I find that this updates some of their stored attributes (I sometimes need to do it after a proper refit).

At least that way you can fight without potentionly ruining your game.

On the other hand, go proper hard core and role play that your designers are for the firing line. Get some 'new' designers and refit all your ships :)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »

There were four new threads in Bugs this morning, so I think it's time to remind the new people on the board:  Please read the "Where Should I Post" FAQ and the Bug Posting Guidelines (which should be stickied at the top of this "Bugs" board).
In particular:
  • new player questions such as this (any post that ends with "Help" is a good indicator of a new player question :-) ) should be posted in The Academy
.  A lot of things that look like bugs are actually user error - batting it around in The Academy first helps keeps the signal-to-noise in Bugs and Suggestions high.
  • Steve prefers that bug and suggestion posts go in the appropriate "Official" thread for the release in question.  This is because he uses those threads as filing cabinets - if you start a new thread your post will be lost in the noise after he reads it the first time.  Please do not open new threads in thes boards unless it's a topic for which you anticipate a lot of discussion.

Thanks,
John