Author Topic: Official v5.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 11050 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Official v5.30 Bugs Thread
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
Please post confirmed bugs for v5.30 in this thread. However, please read the guidelines below on reporting bugs before posting.

Here

Steve

edit - fixed url
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:50:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Libelnon

• Petty Officer
  • L
Re: Official v5.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »
started a new game as a conventional empire, and noticed 2 small things in the research tables...

1 - I had 2 copies of the 'Expand Civillian infrastructure' projects.

2 - I had access to numerous advanced projects in propulsion, including tomack fusion generators. Odd, as I'm playing as a conventional empire.

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
started a new game as a conventional empire, and noticed 2 small things in the research tables...

1 - I had 2 copies of the 'Expand Civillian infrastructure' projects.

2 - I had access to numerous advanced projects in propulsion, including tomack fusion generators. Odd, as I'm playing as a conventional empire.

I'm having the same problem as above
Move foward and draw fire

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
Looks like you get the racial tech of the various npcs and because there is no default game you get an error at beginning
Per se ad astra

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »
Error in Form Load
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found

This is on loading; seems OK after that.  Never had this before with earlier versions.
Initially thought it might be down to having no game in the dB, but still happens afterwards.

Stephen

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
I started a conventional start game based in sol.  I had a ruin on Luna with lots of installations.  After quite a few robotic guardians had come out and nothing happened to my colony I was starting to feel better.  Then I dissasembled Stellarator Reactors.  I had 39 and it only took 38 to get the tech researched.  I then went to scrap the last one and got a bunch of errors (sorry didn't write them down)  and my colony went away.  I recreated the colony and when going to give orders to move population there discovered that I had 13 extra colonies on luna.  All with no sign of this in the Population and Production que.  I saved a copy of the stevefire.mdb in case you want it.  I think that the extra colonies are linked to the guardian robot combats that I have been having.

Brian

Offline Foolcow

• F
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
Title Bar:  Error in CheckSpecialOrders

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.    Field
No current record.   
Please report to  .     .     .     etc.   

This happened upon pressing the 30-day increment button right after setting the secondary special order for each of my 6 geosurvey ships (each in its own task group) to "Refuel in current system.    "  Before this, the secondary special order was blank, and the primary special order was "Survey Next Five System Bodies" (and still is)

And this error message came up exactly 6 times, the same as my number of task groups which I updated with that order.   

Immediately after this happened, I went back into the task group screen and selected one of my ships in the "Name" menu on the top right.    Upon selecting it, this new error came up:

Title Bar:  Error in PopulateMoves
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to  .   .   .   etc. 

followed immediately by:

Title Bar:  Error in Populatemoves
Error 381 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property array index
Please report to  .  .  .  etc.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:31:01 PM by Foolcow »

Offline Libelnon

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
also, a small nit-pick...

My game still claims it's 5.20 on the game selection window. Don't know if it's restricted just to this install, though.

Offline Foolcow

• F
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
Error in Setup NPRClasses:

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'

This now happens every time I try to create a new game.  It comes up repeatedly whenever I click the CreateGame button on the Create new Game screen followed by the OK button on the "Race generation complete" dialog.

Before this, I had consistently been able to start games successfully on this installation; this problem started showing up after I started a few games to test out the effects of different parameters and then deleted them.

wilddog5

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
There appears to be a memory leak in the orbital movement calculation

i think that this is the case as first i have a 2 sol only games one with orbit movement on and one off (in case one of those had the problem) when the ram useage hits about 1.8GB (i have 8GB so I'm not the one ruining out) an resource allocation error occurs (complaning that there is not sufficient resources) then there are a load of orbital movement errors code 3420 object invalid or no longer set (no place in ram to put planet data) than a smaller bunch of errors about resource extraction (planet cant be found so attempting to extract resources goes  ??? i think)

please note i don't think that this is a problem with the system map as closing it does not free up memory but i could be wrong

lastly other players might have have used larger time increments than i have (i use 3 hours as i find it has the best balance between time and training for commanders) so might not have encountered these errors yet.

wilddog5
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:24:10 AM by wilddog5 »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »
Minimum Cloak Size 20 appears as available research before Cloaking Theory has been researched.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Minimum Cloak Size 20 appears as available research before Cloaking Theory has been researched.

Fixed for v5.40

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
also, a small nit-pick...

My game still claims it's 5.20 on the game selection window. Don't know if it's restricted just to this install, though.

I forgot to update the version number on that window. I've updated it ready for the next version.

Steve

Offline Nikolaj

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
This happened upon pressing the 30-day increment button right after setting the secondary special order for each of my 6 geosurvey ships (each in its own task group) to "Refuel in current system.    "  Before this, the secondary special order was blank, and the primary special order was "Survey Next Five System Bodies" (and still is)

And this error message came up exactly 6 times, the same as my number of task groups which I updated with that order.  

Immediately after this happened, I went back into the task group screen and selected one of my ships in the "Name" menu on the top right.    Upon selecting it, this new error came up:

Title Bar:  Error in PopulateMoves
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to  .   .   .   etc.  

followed immediately by:

Title Bar:  Error in Populatemoves
Error 381 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property array index
Please report to  .  .  .  etc.

This exact thing happened to me, too, except I only had 2 geosurvey ships (in two task groups) and that they had the "refuel in current system" secondary order on from the start. The error didn't start occurring untill the first on ran out of system bodies to survey and started using the secondary order. Now, every time I select that task group in the task group screen, I get the same two errors, even though it no longer has any orders. Moving the ship out of the task group and then deleting it (the TG), resolves the issue.

Edit: I also get the 76 error, whenever I start the game. I didn't get that on the first game, but after deleting it and starting a new one, it shows up every time.

The advanced designs in for engines, weapons, etc. that were available for research on my first game, were apparantly deleted along with the game, because they didn't appear in the second game.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:24:37 AM by Nikolaj »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
With pre-generated tech, the missiles appear in the droplist, but they have no values to build on in the missile screen.