Author Topic: Miscellaneous changes for v4.0  (Read 1490 times)

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Miscellaneous changes for v4.0
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »
Here are some of the changes for v4.0 that I haven't mentioned in other threads:

1) When a pop surrenders, you gain some wealth based on the population's size relative to its parent Empire.
2) I have added a tech data window, which lists all the scanned tech data currently on board various ships.
3) If the last pop of an Empire surrenders, the remaining ships of the Empire will surrender too, with the exception of warships that can still fight (i.e they haven't run out of missiles) and gravitational survey ships that may have a chance of finding a helpful alien race.
4) When a pop surrenders, the rate at which it gains status points and eventually becomes part of your Empire is affected by the amount of radiation on the planet. The status points gained are divided by (Radiation Level / 100). Effectively this means that if you bombard a planet into submission, it is going to take a very long time before that population will forget about it.
5) Geological sensors can be mounted on missiles and buoys. As geo sensors are 5 HS, the amount of geo survey strength on a missile will be equal to the strength of your best geo survey sensor / 100 for each MSP. They will be pretty much useless on missiles but if you leave a buoy equipped with geo sensors in orbit of a planet, it will gradually accumulate survey points and eventually survey the planet (if its reactor doesn't run out first). You can deploy multiple geo survey buoys for the same planet and they will work together. Here is an example:

Code: [Select]
SB-N-1 Geosurvey Buoy
Buoy Size: 8 MSP  (0.4 HS)    
Reactor Endurance: 6 months
Geo Sensor Strength: 0.07    Maximum points: 302.4
Cost Per Buoy: 2.6
Materials Required:    1.2x Boronide   1.4x Uridium
Development Cost for Project: 260RP
6) Because you will need to compare the total points gathered by a buoy to the points required for system bodies, you can display required geo points next to each body on the system map.
7) While writing this code I noticed a bug in the default orders section. When gas giants are surveying by ships on automatic, they require 10x as many survey points as when manually ordered. Fixed in v4.0

Steve

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: Miscellaneous changes for v4.0
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
Steve,

Is this an indication that you are nearly ready to release Ver 4.0 ?
Move foward and draw fire

Offline SteveAlt (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:31:10 PM »
Quote from: "backstab"
Steve,

Is this an indication that you are nearly ready to release Ver 4.0 ?
Getting there :)

I am going away for a few days starting on Thursday so I just wanted to catch up with the forum and post the latest fiction update. I still have some testing to do and to finish off some of the new functionality.

Steve

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »
Steve wrote
if you leave a buoy equipped with geo sensors in orbit of a planet

Just a thought but wouldn’t a buoy in orbit round a planet be better known as a satellite?  :wink:

Regards
Ian
IanD

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve wrote
if you leave a buoy equipped with geo sensors in orbit of a planet

Just a thought but wouldn’t a buoy in orbit round a planet be better known as a satellite?  ;)