Author Topic: Next version  (Read 3648 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Next version
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:19:59 AM »
Is this far away, to to keep of starting a campaign and a writeup if I need to transfer it soon... :)

*edit changed topic.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:21:37 PM by Erik Luken »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Version 5.5
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »
Is this far away, to to keep of starting a campaign and a writeup if I need to transfer it soon... :)

A while yet. It really depends on when I get a sudden burst of enthusiasm and those are hard to predict :)

Incidently, it's probably not a good idea to start a thread called Version 5.5 in the installation forum. You might be getting a lot of views expecting something else :)

Steve

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: Next version
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »
This is where we all hope to see Steve say,

"start your game, I am making a database migration utility, this means you will be able to play the new version when it comes out."

Offline Nibelung44

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:38:33 AM »
So no ETA on 5.5? The long awaited fix on civilian ships and trade treaty is what I was waiting for ... wow, lot of months!  :D

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
So no ETA on 5.5? The long awaited fix on civilian ships and trade treaty is what I was waiting for ... wow, lot of months!  :D

A little while yet. I haven't had a great deal of time this month due to settling in on the Isle of Man. Lots to sort out. Also starting playing EVE again :)

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
A little while yet. I haven't had a great deal of time this month due to settling in on the Isle of Man. Lots to sort out. Also starting playing EVE again :)

Steve

Bah, Eve sucks ... although it did hook me for 5 years  :-\

Offline Texashawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:54 PM »

Steve

Ah, EVE.... Crap... we're doomed.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:30 AM »
Ah, EVE.... Crap... we're doomed.

He's already gone through at least one bout of EVE, so he should have built up some immunity.... :)

John

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »
I have to admit I've succumbed to another small bout of eve, although the latest junk on micro transactions is probably going to get me off the wagon again soon.

I've also realised that with a lot of these crappy fleet ops and sitting in a POS waiting for some action is the perfect time to advance a few months on Aurora.

So what's your character name in Eve Steve?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
I have to admit I've succumbed to another small bout of eve, although the latest junk on micro transactions is probably going to get me off the wagon again soon.

I've also realised that with a lot of these crappy fleet ops and sitting in a POS waiting for some action is the perfect time to advance a few months on Aurora.

So what's your character name in Eve Steve?

My main is Tsushima and my alt is Leonardo VaDinci. Currently in a three man corp with my son, mainly concentrating on exploration with wormholes as our priority. Tsu has 36m SP and is mission-oriented. He has a Golem (Marauder V skill) and Nighthawk as main ships, although he can fly HACs, Recons, Stealth Bombers and Hulk. He has cruiser V for Caldari, Amarr and Gallente so plenty of ship choices. Leo is about 23m SP, mainly industry, research, leadership skills and mining. He has an Orca which we mainly use as a mobile base for exploration. Scary when I take it into wormhole systems :). Also flies Hulk, Iteron V, Viator, etc.. He can fly a freighter but I haven't bought one yet. Tsu is very close to flying carrier. I have all requisite skills except Capital Ships and Caldari Carrier. I just don't want to pay 800m isk for them.

Wer are trying to persuade my wife and his girlfriend to play but I don't rate our chances :)

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
My main is Tsushima and my alt is Leonardo VaDinci. Currently in a three man corp with my son, mainly concentrating on exploration with wormholes as our priority. Tsu has 36m SP and is mission-oriented. He has a Golem (Marauder V skill) and Nighthawk as main ships, although he can fly HACs, Recons, Stealth Bombers and Hulk. He has cruiser V for Caldari, Amarr and Gallente so plenty of ship choices. Leo is about 23m SP, mainly industry, research, leadership skills and mining. He has an Orca which we mainly use as a mobile base for exploration. Scary when I take it into wormhole systems :). Also flies Hulk, Iteron V, Viator, etc.. He can fly a freighter but I haven't bought one yet. Tsu is very close to flying carrier. I have all requisite skills except Capital Ships and Caldari Carrier. I just don't want to pay 800m isk for them.

Wer are trying to persuade my wife and his girlfriend to play but I don't rate our chances :)

Steve

I lived in a C2 for a while, we had a static Empire link and the other links would regularly connect to C3's and C4's. The money running C4's was ridiculous and I wasn't even that active at the time.

We would form fleets of Tengu's and [Scorpion-Variant] (cant remember the name) and plow through them.

A one point we had two C2's and a C5, with the C5 holding 2 Dreads and 2 Carriers to trigger escalations.

I was in Sturmgrenadier [SGHQ] and still am, it's a gaming syndicate, but haven't played Eve in a while.

Skini and Dulann are my characters.

The ISK from WH's was so good that we could clear a C4 and then loose all our ships to gankers and still come out with enough to pay for new ships. Best fleet I have been in was in a C6, at least 10 Tengus with 4 scorpion-variants, all 4 cap ships and then a command ship off grid boosting.