Author Topic: Annoying ciilian ship stuck in a jump gate  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Ares112 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Annoying ciilian ship stuck in a jump gate
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:45:47 AM »
Hey all. I accidentally hit the clear orders button in the shipping lines windows while a freighter was about to go through a jump gate, and now it's giving me an error every six in game hours about the transit failing because there's a bigger ship in the task group? How can I git rid of the thing so I can continue my game?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Annoying ciilian ship stuck in a jump gate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
Does the error specifically mention that freighter? The code doesn't check ship size for jump gates so it may be another fleet causing the error.

Steve

Offline Ares112 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »
Does the error specifically mention that freighter? The code doesn't check ship size for jump gates so it may be another fleet causing the error.

Steve
Yes. In the events, it lists it as a Transit Failure. It says "cannot carry out its squadron transit order as at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating".

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:02:12 AM »
This may well be rubbish, but check their orders are for 'standard transit' and not squadron transit or anything - I screwed up a JG transfer order and received the same error and it turned out it was the order given that was my issue.

wilddog5

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
I had this problem as well. the issue is that it is a civilian ship (NPC) so you cant remove the squad jump order with the clear orders button thus only people with Dbace password can solve (?) or Steve could remove the order for civilian shipping lines as Jumpgates cant process that order

I gave up and started a new game

i amuse that this is what you meant...

Offline hummer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • h
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »
I met same bug too.  but I was able to fix.

1.  enter SM mode.
2.  open "System View"(F9)
3.  select "Jump Point" tab, select stacked JP and push "Delete JP".
4.  Open "Shipping Lines" (CTRL+L) and Clear order at stacked all ships.
5.  back "System View" and "add JP". 
6.  Change select box "SM Change Jump Point Destination for WP x"(x is your selected JP)  to previous deleted JP connected system.  and Push "Connect JP"

that's all.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 05:39:05 AM »
This problem is caused by a bug that I tracked down yesterday. When you clear orders the freighter is ordered to move to the nearest trade location. Unfortunately the code uses squadron transit orders in this situation instead of standard transit orders. Because the freighter doesn't have a jump drive it cant carry out squadron transits, even through a jump gate. It's fixed for v5.40. In the meantime I guess the easiest workaround would be to temporarily give that class of ship a jump drive and then remove it once the problem is sorted.

Steve