Author Topic: Primitive NPR  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
Primitive NPR
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:50:34 AM »
Hi again.  ;)

So I met the Resto Primi Federation in Gliese 408. They are a primitive race. Their home planet's EM signature is only around 5000 with no thermal signature detected.
My question is: Will they research and upgrade their tech and maybe someday they'll build their own ships, or are they just too primitive, eg. like medieval or industrial revolution era?
I ask because there were some changes in 6.40 to the NPR research.

If not, how could I influence them to do so? Maybe I should drop them a research lab.

Or ... maybe I should show them the civilized way of life by sending in the troops!  :D
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Primitive NPR
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Thats probably not a homeworld, more likely it is a colony.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:20:36 AM »
There is possibility of preTN NPR. Those will not advance in technology. Best way to deal with them is to "intergrate" them into your empire.

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »
Thats probably not a homeworld, more likely it is a colony.

I don't think so. They didn't had any ships before. I gave them two of my early geosurvey ships and they just sit there at their planet. After a while the thermal signature of one ship dropped to 1, so I guess they can't even maintain those 2700t ships.

There is possibility of preTN NPR. Those will not advance in technology. Best way to deal with them is to "intergrate" them into your empire.

Yeah I guess you are right. :D

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:42 AM »
If they have an EM signature presumably they are pulsing radio waves through the atmosphere or at least conducting faraday-like experiments. Aurora isn't ever clear on the difference between "Thermal" and "EM" signatures, but I usually assume EM sensors cover radio and microwaves and thermal covers infrared up through ultraviolet. Both descriptions are somewhat ambiguous in terms of what they ought to cover.

I don't think so. They didn't had any ships before. I gave them two of my early geosurvey ships and they just sit there at their planet. After a while the thermal signature of one ship dropped to 1, so I guess they can't even maintain those 2700t ships.

"Greetings primitive Resto Primans. We mean you no harm. My scientists bring information of interest to your civilization: The stars are not specks of fire, but distant suns. All things are made of atoms — little particles that move around in perpetual motion, attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but repelling upon being squeezed into one another. Also, you can have these two ion-thrusted, artificially gravitized spacecraft which are both larger than anything you have ever built.  Have fun!"
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Icecoon (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
"Greetings primitive Resto Primans. We mean you no harm. My scientists bring information of interest to your civilization: The stars are not specks of fire, but distant suns. All things are made of atoms — little particles that move around in perpetual motion, attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but repelling upon being squeezed into one another. Also, you can have these two ion-thrusted, artificially gravitized spacecraft which are both larger than anything you have ever built.  Have fun!"

Lol ;D
Yeah I know. The Federation's prime directive was a good idea.

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »

In 2-3 dozen or so games I have never run into one of these.  Fascinating.   *Spock eye brow lift*