Author Topic: Annoying interrupts  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Person012345 (OP)

• Captain
Annoying interrupts
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »
I'm getting a lot of annoying, messageless interrupts. They halt auto-turns, which is annoying because turns take a really long time, and I usually set it to 1-day autoturns and go off to do other things whilst 5 days plays out. Is annoying to come back and find that only 10 hours has passed. As it is I'm getting lots of apparently random interrupts which, even with SM mode enabled, do not display any reasoning. I was wondering what is likely to be causing this, as I was under the impression that NPR fights should a) display a "this could be due to NPR's fighting" message under SM and b) not interrupt autoturns anyway.

Here's a screenshot:

(click the screenshot for a bigger version)

Offline xeryon

• Captain
Re: Annoying interrupts
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »
NPR activities would explain the undescribed time stops of 23000 seconds and 46000 seconds and such.  If you have auto turn engaged they shouldn't stop the progression of time over your increment.  Your components scrapped would, and so would the ship order messages.

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:53 AM »
NPR activities would explain the undescribed time stops of 23000 seconds and 46000 seconds and such.  If you have auto turn engaged they shouldn't stop the progression of time over your increment.  Your components scrapped would, and so would the ship order messages.
They do though. I mean, this has been happening for a very long time (probably about 20 or more ingame years) so I've noticed it. I will get them almost every turn I take (occasionally it'll pass through the 5 days without any).

Offline Konisforce

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
I just started noticing these, too, when I started exploring in my current game and found a new race.  Same sort of thing - no message, just stops short of the autoturn increment and doesn't run the next turn.
Come take a look at Victoria Regina, an old-timey AAR

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
I just started noticing these, too, when I started exploring in my current game and found a new race.  Same sort of thing - no message, just stops short of the autoturn increment and doesn't run the next turn.

Did you look in the event log (Ctrl-F3) with SM mode on to see what is happening?

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »
Did you look in the event log (Ctrl-F3) with SM mode on to see what is happening?

His screenshot clearly shows the event log with SM mode activated.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
His screenshot clearly shows the event log with SM mode activated.

I was actually replying to Konisforce, who didn't specify if he had the event log open or not.

Offline Konisforce

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
I did have the SM mode on and it was showing NPR activity, but it's not so much the interrupt as stopping the autoturn.  I had auto-turns on and clicked the 5-day increment, if that matters.
Come take a look at Victoria Regina, an old-timey AAR

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
I did have the SM mode on and it was showing NPR activity, but it's not so much the interrupt as stopping the autoturn.  I had auto-turns on and clicked the 5-day increment, if that matters.

It's almost like one of the auto-turn interrupts is being triggered by an NPR. And since you cannot see their events, it doesn't show in the log. Maybe this needs to be stuck in the bug thread?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »
My experience with this is that there is an outpost on some asteroid with 1 or 2 DSTS that is catching either you or another NPR on passives and throws an interrupt - but SM mode doesn't state this.

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
My experience with this is that there is an outpost on some asteroid with 1 or 2 DSTS that is catching either you or another NPR on passives and throws an interrupt - but SM mode doesn't state this.
Ah, this is quite possible as I am aware of a fair number of asteroid based mini-colonies that I haven't bothered to finish off yet (mainly due to not knowing really where they are - I've seen them before whilst surveying, but my warships weren't around at the time and by the time they were I'd forgotten where exactly they were).

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
It's almost like one of the auto-turn interrupts is being triggered by an NPR. And since you cannot see their events, it doesn't show in the log. Maybe this needs to be stuck in the bug thread?
there's actually a workaround for this. if you save the log events to a text file, NPR messages will show up there. I use it occasionally to check if NPRs are out of minerals, or to find out what's causing interrupts.