Author Topic: Ground Units not resupplied  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Marski (OP)

• Commander
Ground Units not resupplied
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »
I have couple of battalions carrying out ground combat on a planet. Previously I had logistics (supplies from now on) units as separate formation, then integrated into platoon HQ's, then inside squads. Ground units still weren't resupplied, so I followed advise and integrated supplies into the top of the formation hierarchy, which is the Battalion HQ. This also didn't work.

Supplies aren't being consumed and units remain unsupplied.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 08:41:40 AM by Marski »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Ground Units not resupplied
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
Are you still fighting enemy units? I encountered something similar. But that was after the fighting stopped. My units would not resupply. But i never encountered this during combat.

Offline Marski (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
Are you still fighting enemy units? I encountered something similar. But that was after the fighting stopped. My units would not resupply. But i never encountered this during combat.
Still fighting.

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
INf-Suppy units can only resupply their own formation - to resupply formations in the same command structure you have to use light vehicle supply units..

http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=C-Ground_Combat#Supply_Consumtion_and_Out_of_Supply

but integrating them into the squats should resupply that squats.. hmm.. strange...

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 07:56:34 AM »
I have a somewhat similar situation - except in my case, my supply trucks are getting used up, but the supply level of all my troops stays at 0%.  Troops engaged in prolonged combat, that is. 

I tried attaching my supply companies directly under fighting formations instead just having them under the same HQ as well but nothing changed.  Neither did changing their field position from rear echelon to support.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:51:20 AM »
I heard there was a bug that if a unit hits 0% supply its impossible to resupply them.

In related news, its really unpleasant to use ground combat right now.

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 08:40:36 AM »
Some update from my side, since I don't know whether this was previously already observed or not.

Further testing revealed that my units get resupplied as long as their parent formation has supply elements - them being actual part of the HQ unit and not a seperate unit under either HQ or the supplied unit. What's interesting is, that in the latter cases supply units still get used up but don't actually resupply anyone. And I am using supply vehicles, not infantry.

So in other words; if my brigade HQ has supply trucks, then units under it will get their supplies but if the brigade HQ has a subordinate supply company, they won't resupply anyone but still get used up.

So the solution for now seems to be simply to design "one-time use" HQs with massive amount of supply elements...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »
I have a somewhat similar situation - except in my case, my supply trucks are getting used up, but the supply level of all my troops stays at 0%.  Troops engaged in prolonged combat, that is. 

I tried attaching my supply companies directly under fighting formations instead just having them under the same HQ as well but nothing changed.  Neither did changing their field position from rear echelon to support.

It's a bug I have fixed for v1.12.

The following users thanked this post: Demonides, Marski, Dreadder, Migi

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 10:54:10 PM »
So the solution for now seems to be simply to design "one-time use" HQs with massive amount of supply elements...
You can still make supply companies, just transfer all their supply trucks to the highest HQ in the battle once they get there.

The following users thanked this post: Dreadder

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
You can still make supply companies, just transfer all their supply trucks to the highest HQ in the battle once they get there.
Huh, thank you, I didn't even know transferring elements from one unit to another is possible until you pointed it out. That will certainly make things easier.

Offline Marski (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 03:20:40 AM »
Well I'll just postpone playing Aurora until 1.12 comes around, before my 1st Motorstrelki Regiment dies bit by bit in the super-space-afghanistan it's fighting in.