Author Topic: Wiki page not accessible  (Read 8049 times)

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: Wiki page not accessible
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »
Well if people come up with a list of the most important things they want, I might try writing a few articles.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »
I've been using single-stage missiles exclusively to strike enemy ships that are within the fire control range of the ship that fired them.

I imagine multi-stage missiles must have some purpose, but I haven't yet figured out when I might want to use them.

I've also gotten the idea that you can create 'buoys' which are missiles that carry a payload of a sensor, rather than a warhead, and they last a long time? Or something?

I have this dim memory of long-ago creating missiles that could track targets under their own power, and therefore operate far outside the targeting range of the ships that fired them. (I may be remembering a different game altogether.)

This is all stuff I'd love to look up on the wiki.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I imagine multi-stage missiles must have some purpose, but I haven't yet figured out when I might want to use them.
Mines, efficient long range launch stage with speedy short range munition, MIRVS.
I've also gotten the idea that you can create 'buoys' which are missiles that carry a payload of a sensor, rather than a warhead, and they last a long time? Or something?
Yes. They last as long as they are not shot at by anti-missile fire.
I have this dim memory of long-ago creating missiles that could track targets under their own power, and therefore operate far outside the targeting range of the ships that fired them. (I may be remembering a different game altogether.)
You just need an active sensor (on the missile) and a location. If the missile reaches the destination without seeing a target it will wait there until it does, or detonate if fuel runs out.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
I have the wiki accessible now. (For a bit)

I'll attempt to go through and copy the content for the pages, unless I can figure out which table has the content and pull it via SQL. Then I can start creating KB articles based on the wiki pages.

I've also reached out to the mediawiki mail list to see if they have any ideas which would enable keeping the wiki live.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 03:01:20 PM »
I would argue in favor of the WIKI.  The 'Knowledge Base' seem like more organized tutorial-like  sub-forum, but vastly inferior to what the wiki can offer. 

Also on an unrelated note, I HATE the search function in forums and google site search doesn't work here for some reason.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 03:16:35 AM »
Well if people come up with a list of the most important things they want, I might try writing a few articles.
I think that currently most of the beginner topics are covered, however, complete and uptodate advanced guides on pretty much everything are lacking. So take your pick if you are in the mood.