Author Topic: 5 sec intervalls...  (Read 1165 times)

Offline letsdance (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
5 sec intervalls...
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »
by now my event log is full with 5 secs intervalls, that means i've had at least 200. each takes like 5 mins to compute. yes that means one core of my PC spent a whole day just for that (actually one and a half by now).

turning on SM mode doesn't give a clue what's going on and i have no idea. can i expect this to be resolved sometimes, or can this be some sort of corruption that doesn't go away?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: 5 sec intervalls...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »
Its two or more NPR's fighting.  It will probably go away.  Sometimes it doesnt.  Sometimes two ships, one from NPR A, the other from NPR B will end up crippled but within detection range of each other.  Since they never stop detecting each other, the NPR's never run anything faster than 5 second intervals.

This is pretty rare, so you should give it quite some time before you decide there's a problem.  200 * 5 seconds is only 1000 seconds, a little less than 20 minutes.  Battles can last longer than that and still be resolved eventually.

Offline ComradeMicha

• Chief Petty Officer
  • King of the Mushroom Cloud
Re: 5 sec intervalls...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 06:17:46 AM »
What Barkhorn said.

I'd like to add that the most convenient way for me to handle those situations is to tick the checkbox "auto-turns", put the events log window to the side of the screen and hit any of the time increment buttons. Then I can minimize the other Aurora windows and watch some youtube clips or read something while I monitor the progress on the events log. After some time you will hopefully notice the increments becoming bigger again, and whenever anything of importance happens the auto-turns will automatically be turned off.
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.  " - Sir Isaac Asimov