Author Topic: Asteroid Mining  (Read 1496 times)

Offline DasColonel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
Asteroid Mining
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »
I have a TG of AM ships mining a comet.  (wolf).  It shows orbital mines in summary and ores being stockpiled and mined yet when I set a freighter to pick up all minerals it does not seem to get any>? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: Asteroid Mining
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
It's really hard to say with so little information. Two things that come to mind are:
1. Your freighter is full
2. Due to how Aurora queues events it's possible for a freighter to be unable to load minerals despite the minerals being there. This usually happens if the source and the destination are really close allowing a freighter to load minerals twice during an increment.

Does the event log say anything?

Offline DasColonel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »
Nothing in the freighter cargo wise.  Have 50000 ton capability.  Yes they are relatively close.  I will need to check the event log.  I will try again and see if anything pops up in it.

Thanks

Redid the orders and the only thing the event log says is orders complete. Nothing in the cargo hold.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:51:56 AM by DasColonel »

Offline davidb86

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:33 PM »
Are you trying to load form the TG or the colony?

Offline DasColonel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »
The colony

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:09 AM »
Hmmm...never have used asteroid mining ships so I can't say anything about if they have an effect but I have used automines and sent freighters to pick up minerals reqularily.

Try:
Target: Wolf Order: Move to
Target: Wolf Order: Load all Minerals

Look at what your reserve levels are on Wolf itself.  I always give a "move to" order before most other orders even though it is theoretically often unnecessary.  The one thing I can think might be affecting this is that Wolf moves...and without the explicit "move to" order your freighter may not be considered "at" Wolf.  But that is a guess...but it is the only thing I can think of that might cause this.